Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, been stalking on here a while. I leased a WP Sport on Saturday. Drove 5 hours to pick it up and 5 hours to return home with it. I have had multiple sportyish 4 dr sedans in my day. I started with a 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4. This car became my inspiration for stealthy q-ships. After many mods it ran 13.7's @104. My next sedan was a 2008 Civic Si left this stock. Seats started to kill my back after an hour on the highway and upgraded it. Two years ago I bought a 2014 Accord Sport with a 6 speed manual. Good car but 0 options very plain.

So all the local dealers were saying that they had no eta on a Sport. Most didn't even know what it was. Thursday I noticed that a store 5 hours from me had one. I called to verify it was on the lot. Asked what I needed to do to make sure it wasn't sold before going up to drive it. Anyway ended up running most of the numbers before leaving. They didn't want to give me any money for the Accord. I ended up selling it locally on Saturday. I rented a car to drive up and see it.

So car has plenty of power as others have said. It is very quiet on the highway. I drove home at night and fell in love with the headlights and fog lights. I altered my speed as much as I could but mostly was at 83-84 mph. The mpg was very disappointing for me. Maybe because the dealer had already filled it with 85? The best I saw was 25 mpg. I am very satisfied with the color. I really was leaning towards the blue but no signs it would be available locally or at a distant store. I tinted the windows yesterday and with the dark wheels I think it looks very sharp. Seats are very adjustable. I am 6'3 and have plenty of room even with the sunroof. I think the engine/exhaust note could be a good 25% louder at least when on the throttle. I love the firm brake pedal. The tires are quiet and seem to have quite a bit of grip. I keep finding new things on the Sync 3. So far no remorse.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Very nice! My WP Sport is a day or two away, awaiting the final leg of its journey from the rail terminal to the dealer. EPA mileage is 26 mpg highway, and is usually optimistic, so your experience is in line with that. Performance comes at a price. Babying it for the first 1,000 miles will be tough.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice looking car, I have a '16 Titanium in the platinum white and like it. I did order a lightening blue sport last week though. I've had a few white cars in a row and got a little pressure from the kids th "change it up"!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I altered my speed as much as I could but mostly was at 83-84 mph. The mpg was very disappointing for me. Maybe because the dealer had already filled it with 85? The best I saw was 25 mpg.
25mpg is very surprising considering your speed and how you varied it. That is really good considering its rated at 26mpg. Typically the rating is optimistic and only seen in ideal conditions.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ok... sorry... I'll be the jerk that asks... if you don't mind.
What were your final lease payments? Terms? Cap cost?

Sorry. This is just a lingering question amongst many here :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I am glad to hear there are some optimists on my fuel concerns. I am spoiled my previous car got up to 37mpg on the highway. Either way it sucks down fuel seemingly faster than what seems possible. I can look up my lease info tonight when I get home. I cannot recall all the details off the top of my head. I did get some more photo's of the car last night.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Well I am glad to hear there are some optimists on my fuel concerns. I am spoiled my previous car got up to 37mpg on the highway. Either way it sucks down fuel seemingly faster than what seems possible. I can look up my lease info tonight when I get home. I cannot recall all the details off the top of my head. I did get some more photo's of the car last night.
My 2.0 AWD 15 does not do much better than 26/27 at the speeds you are talking, so if the sport matches that, I'd be real happy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's some brochure worthy pictures there !! Beautiful colour choice... or "shade" choice for the picky.. lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
WP owner here. Absolute beauty!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yep, a very nice looking car and the color hides the chrome pretty well. The timeline on mine:
6/3: Ordered (est delivery: 6-8 weeks)
6/24: Built
8/1: Arrived at dealer (mid-Atlantic area)
8/2: Arrived at my garage

Lots of new features to check out...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts