Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my new wheels, blacked out my grill and debadged the rear. Still trying to decide if I should black out the rear chrome, paint it body color or just leave it alone. Next up a tune, some level 3 lights, a few more minor cosmetic mods and project Bluesport will be complete.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looking good! How did you do the grille? I have some vinyl im going to try in a dew days. Already blacked out the rear.
What are the wheels from?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking good! How did you do the grille? I have some vinyl im going to try in a dew days. Already blacked out the rear.
I just cleaned it really well, wiped it down with rubbing alcohol, hit it with 2 coats of adhesion promotor and 3 coats of Krylon Gloss Black plastic spray paint. It's not perfect but unless you get 2 inches away its close to flawless. I wish it was more glossy so I might take it back off and give it a few coats of clear coat. So far its held up through a high pressure wash and a rain. storm.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I also vote black out the rear chrome. Nice work BlueSport!

Reactions: BlueSport

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a biased "yes" vote on the black out, as I blacked out all my chrome (except rear badging). Wheels are nice. They look similar to some I have seen on Honda Accords.
Looking good!
On the other hand, if you are going to have Chrome on the wheels, then it may be a good idea to keep some chrome trim.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a biased "yes" vote on the black out, as I blacked out all my chrome (except rear badging). Wheels are nice. They look similar to some I have seen on Honda Accords.
Looking good!
On the other hand, if you are going to have Chrome on the wheels, then it may be a good idea to keep some chrome trim.
Thanks! I planned to keep the chrome around the windows, I think it matches the wheels pretty well. Just wasn’t sure about the rear trim. I think I’m going to wrap it with some left over vinyl I have here and if it looks good I’ll paint it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Third on the rear chrome! Wheels look amazing! I'm super picky with wheels and you got some sharp looking ones!
Thanks! I must have looked at 1000 wheels before deciding

·
Registered
251 Posts
Well here is what the blue looks like with a blacked out rear and tinted lights.
20200606_101251.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts