1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im curious on this as well. I did go on there page but didn't see much info.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got quoted $6,200 installed for the pure turbo upgrade. Is that reasonable? They said it’ll get me 100-125 hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not gonna lie, but their site looks a little dubious. Not a lot of info that I saw from the tiny bit of looking around I did. Plus they didn't even use a FFS photo, just an SE trim car.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got quoted $6,200 installed for the pure turbo upgrade. Is that reasonable? They said it’ll get me 100-125 hp.

That seems like a lot. I asked a local shop how much to install the turbos and they said 800-1000 labor.

Reactions: jmkennedyj

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Weird the are billing $3,909 for the turbos, on their website they are listed for 2,995. Where is the extra $1,000 coming from? Plus they are charging ~900ish for the retune? I can't see the line item but $6200 - what you showed - $720 labor you mentioned leaves about $900 for that other line item. So based on that I'd say for sure the extra $1,000 is a mystery and the tune seems high, I've been quoted for dyno tuning for a third of that.

Were you going to drive to CA to do it or what? I noticed you're in NC. Just curious.

Reactions: jmkennedyj

·
Registered
22 Posts
Weird the are billing $3,909 for the turbos, on their website they are listed for 2,995. Where is the extra $1,000 coming from? Plus they are charging ~900ish for the retune? I can't see the line item but $6200 - what you showed - $720 labor you mentioned leaves about $900 for that other line item. So based on that I'd say for sure the extra $1,000 is a mystery and the tune seems high, I've been quoted for dyno tuning for a third of that.

Were you going to drive to CA to do it or what? I noticed you're in NC. Just curious.

I just looked again at the Pure Turbo site and the turbos are $2,995 with a $600 core charge and tax brings them to $3,995 so I get the extra $1,000 on the quote now. The labor was only $720 which is in line. The dyno tune was 600 with their tune. I’m not sure what tuner they sell, but I’m already using Torrie’s at Unleashed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts