Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2017 fusion sport a couple months ago and I already know what I want, but have no idea what is a good idea or not. I'm going to start with the steeda CAI, and was going to go with a cat-back but have been unable to find any really. I found an axle back that I liked (MRT fusion sport 2.7L version 2 axle-back exhaust), but I've been told that I should get a cat-back instead because the axle-back would cause higher pressure which isn't good. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing so any hep from y'all will be appreciated

·
Registered
18 Posts
What’s your goal?

If it’s to go faster, start with a tune as that will give you more gains than anything else. You can go with regular 91/93 pump gas or an ethanol blend. Adding a FMIC will help more than CAI or exhaust

Steeda CAI will barely do anything performance wise. Biggest gain IMO is it looks better under the hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What’s your goal?

If it’s to go faster, start with a tune as that will give you more gains than anything else. You can go with regular 91/93 pump gas or an ethanol blend. Adding a FMIC will help more than CAI or exhaust

Steeda CAI will barely do anything performance wise. Biggest gain IMO is it looks better under the hood

Honestly I'm more just aiming at making it sound nicer and to increase the speed a bit. I'm just starting with some basic things first that I'll be able to do myself at home and will get to tuning it at some point. Just trying not to void my warrantee if I can help it.
I'm just not sure what all to do to increase the power and if there's anything extra I need to be doing after each mod. I know steeda says there's no tune needed for the CAI but I'm unsure about if it needs one after changing the exhaust or even what exhaust I should be going with in the first place

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had the same warranty concerns so I waited over a year to tune and wish I hadn’t waited. Night and day difference. So far I only have a tune and the GFB diverter, but next is a FMIC.

You don’t need a tune for intake/exhaust. The car will adjust to minor changes to reach target AFR. I believe the stock air intake can flow more air than the turbos can so it shouldn’t make a difference

·
Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
136 Posts
Its been said already, you have to figure out what you want to do. I personally love this thing being a sleeper with almost no sound while driving (except sport sounds in the cabin).

I agree with HTX...wish I wouldn't have waited so long for the tune. I went with Torrie (Unleashed) tune and the front mounted intercooler (Thanks James). What a difference...you won't even care about the sound when you're blowing the doors off unsuspecting people on the highway.

You can do both in your driveway...though i'd recommend a creeper over being on the cement for four hours installing the intercooler lol.

Good luck and welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
I agree with HTX as well my thoughts are tune it first then get supporting mods

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had the same warranty concerns so I waited over a year to tune and wish I hadn’t waited. Night and day difference. So far I only have a tune and the GFB diverter, but next is a FMIC.

You don’t need a tune for intake/exhaust. The car will adjust to minor changes to reach target AFR. I believe the stock air intake can flow more air than the turbos can so it shouldn’t make a difference

what tune did you get?

·
Registered
110 Posts
When I bought my car 2 years ago I had never even done an oil change in my life.
So far I have done FMIC, Rear motor mount, Steeda strut tower brace, hood struts, BOV adapter, CAI, throttle body spacer, vogtland lowering springs, Stoptech pads and rotors, XDI35 HPFP, lighter wheels with UHP summer tires, Borla axle back, replaced rear reflectors with sequential LED lights and a water methanol injection system.
All tuned by Torrie at Unleashed.

I think that's is everything so far. Still lots to come. Good luck on your build, it gets addictive😁😁

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I bought my car 2 years ago I had never even done an oil change in my life.
So far I have done FMIC, Rear motor mount, Steeda strut tower brace, hood struts, BOV adapter, CAI, throttle body spacer, vogtland lowering springs, Stoptech pads and rotors, XDI35 HPFP, lighter wheels with UHP summer tires, Borla axle back, replaced rear reflectors with sequential LED lights and a water methanol injection system.

I think that's is everything so far. Still lots to come. Good luck on your build, it gets addictive😁😁
I was gonna get the Borla axle back too but now I'm getting a tune lol, but most of that is stuff I've been planning on getting. Glad to see they worked out for you

·
Registered
842 Posts

You have a link to the sequential LED lights you replaced your rear reflectors with? How was the install & outcome?

·
Registered
18 Posts
what tune did you get?
I got the LMS tune because of TwinForce and several people saying they liked it right when I was looking.

If I could go back, I would’ve gone with Unleashed.

If I were to switch today, I’d go with Unleashed or Tuning by James

·
Registered
110 Posts
Reactions: Shawnski

·
Registered
'17 Magnetic; Unleashed Tune, FMIC
136 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Those look great! Were you able to get to the wiring easily from underneath? Not sure best access to wiring for the tail lights to tap into them.
Had to pull the bumper both times. Wiring is accessed through the trunk for the tail lights.
There are instructions on the Enthusiast facebook page if you are on there. They may be on here as well

·
Registered
110 Posts
Those look great! Were you able to get to the wiring easily from underneath? Not sure best access to wiring for the tail lights to tap into them.
Had to pull the bumper both times. Wiring is accessed through the trunk for the tail lights.
There are instructions on the Enthusiast facebook page if you are on there. They may be on here as well

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
this has me wondering: do we have a separate turn signal and brake wire? I would think the computer is smart enough to just activate each bright red individual right and left blinker when necessary, and send a constant signal through the same wire to both when braking.

@Sknz5 do they sequential outward both sides when you hit the brakes? I’d prefer they don’t sequential under braking, which I imagine would be fixed by running a separate 12v signal from the brake pedal switch, if I’m right in thinking brake/signal is the same wire on the FF.

love these and thanks for the link!!

@lightning2658 Welcome to the community! These people are amazing, prepare to be addicted.

·
Registered
110 Posts
this has me wondering: do we have a separate turn signal and brake wire? I would think the computer is smart enough to just activate each bright red individual right and left blinker when necessary, and send a constant signal through the same wire to both when braking.

@Sknz5 do they sequential outward both sides when you hit the brakes? I’d prefer they don’t sequential under braking, which I imagine would be fixed by running a separate 12v signal from the brake pedal switch, if I’m right in thinking brake/signal is the same wire on the FF.

love these and thanks for the link!!

@lightning2658 Welcome to the community! These people are amazing, prepare to be addicted.
If I recall correctly there is a separate wire for brake, signal, and just light on. They do sequential out towards the direction you are turning but pretty sure they just light up solid when you brake. When you lock or unlock the car or start it, they sequential on. Looks great!

Reactions: 65dustin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I got the LMS tune because of TwinForce and several people saying they liked it right when I was looking.

If I could go back, I would’ve gone with Unleashed.

If I were to switch today, I’d go with Unleashed or Tuning by James

How does the Unleashed tuning work, do you know? Do you just buy the file and go from there or do you have to go into a shop?

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Just purchase the file if you have a programmer already

1 - 20 of 26 Posts