Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, bones here.
2017 Ford Fusion Sport, Ruby Red Clearcoat. I'll drop some pics. Mechanic all my life, (Jet Engines) love the 2.7 liter twin. Can't wait to upgrade a few pieces to make it actually run the way a nice 325 HP (factory numbers) should. Not sure I want to go to 400 BHP @ the wheels yet, we'll see how basic mods go. Background in turbos, 2005 Subie, STI, duel ball bearing Garrett turbo, 2.78" COBB down pipe, header, 3" exhaust, stage two tune, COBB Access port, 93 Octane, was expensive at the time. Carbon front fenders, wild...Probably not going that radical again. Can't wait to read through some of the post though, see what you guys/girls have been doing to your eco-boost.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Welcome from Colorado!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hi, bones here.
2017 Ford Fusion Sport, Ruby Red Clearcoat. I'll drop some pics. Mechanic all my life, (Jet Engines) love the 2.7 liter twin. Can't wait to upgrade a few pieces to make it actually run the way a nice 325 HP (factory numbers) should. Not sure I want to go to 400 BHP @ the wheels yet, we'll see how basic mods go. Background in turbos, 2005 Subie, STI, duel ball bearing Garrett turbo, 2.78" COBB down pipe, header, 3" exhaust, stage two tune, COBB Access port, 93 Octane, was expensive at the time. Carbon front fenders, wild...Probably not going that radical again. Can't wait to read through some of the post though, see what you guys/girls have been doing to your eco-boost.
Welcome to the forum, Bones!

Congratulations on getting an FFS. I hope you find it as great a car as most of us have. I think you'll probably find it more refined than your WRX was, because most folks who've driven both say that. I don't know how far you want to go on performance, but the first stop is generally a tune. With these, it's crazy easy to get 400 crank (yeah I know you mentioned 400 WHP but I'm talking just a mild tune on stock hardware gets you 400 crank easy--if you want to go to 400 WHP you can do that too but you're usually talking some bolt-ons at that point).

Biggest question is how you want to get that tune. :cool: A lot of folks run Unleashed, or Livernois. Tuning By James has also been recommended highly. HP Tuners is great if you want to get into more of the nitty-gritty and adjust things yourself. There may be others, but I think those are the main ones. But like I said, the tune is going to get you most of the way there (maybe all the way) just by itself.

Then you can look at things like intercoolers, intakes, upgraded brakes, suspension components, you name it. You can get as wild as you want with these things. :) I actually like that they're pretty quiet and comfortable, though, myself. Makes them kind of special compared to your average straight performance car. Which, by the way, these are actually listed as "Performance" for the vehicle type on the official Ford build sheets. I think that's pretty cool, a lot of people don't know that.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Hello and welcome

·
Registered
847 Posts
Welcome from North West Ohio, there are a few of us that can say we have fast cars, LOL.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
169 Posts
Great choice of color and welcome from Texas !

·
Registered
875 Posts
Another welcome from Ohio!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone had trouble fitting their "Steeda" cold air induction (CAI)? I found it a pain in the butt to get the front air pipe back onto the front filter connector.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Yes, it’s a poor fit when the pipes are first attached but they relax a bit over time and it does get a little easier. It helps to reach through the filter Venturi from the airbox side with your right hand and grab the inside of the air tube ribs with your finger tips and pull it toward the box while you tighten the clamp with your left hand. Fwiw - I was swapping my CAI and stock box in and out for the seasons and eventually just gave up on the CAI. It looks nice when it’s clean but I drove too many miles on dusty roads and it was always dirty. Also gave zero performance improvement.

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, Just installed last night, I don't really notice any difference in performance, my understanding is a good tune will bring it to life.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Yeah, Just installed last night, I don't really notice any difference in performance, my understanding is a good tune will bring it to life.
Umm…not really. But they do look good when you pop the hood.

·
Registered
847 Posts
What it needs is a lid on top and ducted to the front, more or less like the stock box. At that point, yeah just keep the stock box.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Black LMS 93V6, GFB Diverter, K&N panel, 165* thermo Ultimate Perf FMI
20 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
2017 Fusion Sport
51 Posts
Welcome from North West Ohio, there are a few of us that can say we have fast cars, LOL.
Where in NWO? I'm near Toledo

·
Registered
847 Posts
Holland

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi new to forum just got a 2017 ffs in black, came from a 2014 shelby gt500. Needed something a little better as a daily driver with space but still hoping to make this into a fun sleeper.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Well 400 HP is easy with a few mods and good tuning.
And welcome tot he party

1 - 20 of 24 Posts