Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Magnetic Sport 3 weeks ago. So far I have really enjoyed it.
I got tint, clear bra and ceramic coating, Oil Catch Can installed, ordered the AFE Dry filter, painted the engine cover and today got the calipers painted.

Attachments

·
Registered
481 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
56 Posts
theKaus.. Which catch can did you install and how is it working??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
theKaus.. Which catch can did you install and how is it working??
I have the Tracy Lewis catch can with clean side separator. There was an issue with the oil cap needing an adapter since I had taken it off my old car, but even without the clean side separator there was quite a bit in the can after only a week. I would highly recommend putting a can on this engine. The shop that did the install had done one one an F150 with the same engine and it was putting out a lot of crap into the can.

Reactions: Flew

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Car looks sweet!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have the Tracy Lewis catch can with clean side separator. There was an issue with the oil cap needing an adapter since I had taken it off my old car, but even without the clean side separator there was quite a bit in the can after only a week. I would highly recommend putting a can on this engine. The shop that did the install had done one one an F150 with the same engine and it was putting out a lot of crap into the can.
Any chance of some pics of the catch can system.
So do you have the clean and dirty side setup? There appears to be just the inexpensive Steeda unit and a couple different one offs on the forum. I have given up on a UPR set up as they have not returned a single email in 4 months.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got both now. I had just the dirty side for 2 weeks while waiting on the oil cap adapter. I had the can on my old car and the kit came with a full size cap for that car. The 4th pic is what was in the can after just two weeks. This system is said to by 95% effective. The less expensive Steeda system would only be about 30% effective.

Attachments

Reactions: Flew
1 - 9 of 9 Posts