Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

New Rims... Jacking it up?

7K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  DaMiFo 
#1 ·
My new Rims and Tires come on Friday! super excited.
Got Niche Misano 19x8.5 rims with a 255/40/19 tire.
Gunmetal in color for my black FFS

But when they get here, after doing some looking.... where the heck do I jack this thing up to put them on? Do I seriously have to do some hockey puck bs as is listed in some other threads? Can I not just use a jacking point under the car? errgh dang you Ford...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My new Rims and Tires come on Friday! super excited.
Got Niche Misano 19x8.5 rims with a 255/40/19 tire.
Gunmetal in color for my black FFS

But when they get here, after doing some looking.... where the heck do I jack this thing up to put them on? Do I seriously have to do some hockey puck bs as is listed in some other threads? Can I not just use a jacking point under the car? errgh dang you Ford...

Hi acdot. Are you using a regular scissor jack like the one the car comes equipped with? It is probably easiest to do it that way. Assuming you will be changing one wheel/tire at a time, just use the marked jack points. If you have trouble finding them, your Owners Manual details where they are located.

If using a hydraulic jack, I would advise trying one of the simple hacks used for those who do not have adapters. Take a 2x4 and cut a slit in it to use it on the frame rail where the regular jacking points are.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Reactions: acdot42
#5 ·
I've jacked mine on the pinch welds with a regular hydraulic jack without issues. Sure the pinch welds are not perfectly straight but why does that even matter? For anything longer than a tire change I would be supporting the car on floor jacks anyway. There's an indented area for those too.

If you care alot then do something like this.

#11 ·
Buy some of those $15 Jack pinch weld adapters from harbor freight. Worth their weight in gold. This car is quite possibly the worst engineered car for jacking up of all the cars I've ever owned in my 20 driving age years. It's almost like they engineered it to make it difficult to work on it yourself

#12 ·
This car is quite possibly the worst engineered car for jacking up of all the cars I've ever owned in my 20 driving age years. It's almost like they engineered it to make it difficult to work on it yourself
I'm assuming you have not tried to find the jacking points on a 2014 Edge Sport with it's massive side skirts? Haha

It has little cutouts in the skirts like our Fusions do, but the rest of the skirts hangs as far in as, but just below, the pinch welds, requiring you to only use one tiny spot under each door. Oh and 3" away from the pinch welds, the floor pan dips down - so have to make sure not to put a hole in the floor too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.