Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a new 2017 Magnetic Gray Sport, I think I got a **** of a deal. MSRP was $38,765, I paid $31,000, less $3,500 in rebates, I was out the door at $29,250.

Options:
401a Package (why is that not standard on this trim level?)
Moonroof (did not need it, but could not find one optioned like I wanted without it)
Cooled Seats (highly underrated, love it)
Navigation (did not want it, inferior to Google Maps with Android Auto)

My first choice of color was a Ruby Red or Lightning Blue (after seeing one, thought it was just to "garish") but I could not find a Ruby Red close by, and the dealer with the Lightning Blue was not competitive, so I got the Gray, and the price I paid I am not disappointed. It is a stealth driver which is good and bad. So far I am not disappointed with the car, I am coming from a 2013 Focus ST which I bought as a toy, but became a daily driver the last year, and it starts to lose its charm so to speak.

The Sport has things I have to get used to, the transmission knob for one, and the size and weight compared to the ST. I love the Android Auto interface, I do wish they could integrate the SiriusXM with the app though. I am liking it so far, it is a realistic poor man's touring sedan, not equal to an Audi or BMW, but for the price it is better than anything in its class and at least competes with the more luxury brands with a much higher price point and less than comparable tech and options. It is not a true sports car, and its not meant to be, but it is a good combination of sporty,comfortable, fun, and affordable.

I think the weakest thing about the car is the interior design, it is very boring and is kind of let down when compared to the exterior. The competition is much better here, and though its not awful, it is just kind of boring. I do like the actual buttons as opposed to the older models, SYNC3 is a huge improvement, and the seats are very comfortable. I hope the suede inserts hold up over time.

·
Registered
868 Posts
401a Package (why is that not standard on this trim level?)
Congrats!

Yeah, why 401a is NOT standard on the sport blows my mind.

After 17,000 miles on mine, I'm still happy as a clam. Great deals to be had now, too. Kinda wish I would have waited 6 months as I figure I paid about 5 grand more, but OH WELL! :)

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
206 Posts
That's an awesome deal. Maybe I should have waited another 2 months. I had a little under 6k in rebates and discounts on a car that was stickered at a little over 40k, and 0% 72 month financing. That's almost exactly the configuration I was looking for, but I couldn't find that configuration in lightning blue or magnetic within 100 miles, so I went with a better optioned car from their lot.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
626 Posts
My car is optioned identical to yours, I have Oxford white, my out the door price was $37,xxx with tax
Not sure how I could have done better, although I bought on April 3rd, it was the last day advertised for
0% interest.

Not sure what they are offering now, I'm afraid to look.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's a very nice deal. I really wish I had time to shop around, but the engine blew in my truck and I needed an immediate purchase. You paid about the same as me and I don't have the 401a.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts