Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a Sport at a local dealer and actually got to test drive it! My previous attempt resulted in the car getting sold out from under me. Another dealer had one in stock and I got to drive it. This car was just off the truck, had 2 miles or so on the odometer and was covered with protective plastics and vinyls inside and out! Funny, the one I drove was the same color as at the other dealer, black exterior with the dark earth gray interior. It was loaded with all the options, which is what I wanted.

Car has good power, however, it is not what I would call brutal, and it is very hard to believe that it would be equal to a Mustang GT as one of the Ford dealer videos said. It certainly is quicker and more responsive than my 2010 Sport. What most impressed me most was the smoothness and feeling of effortless power. I got on it entering the freeway and was cruising at 85 very quickly. Very quiet and smooth, you really have to watch the speedo. The steering is very light and it feels like a smaller car. Didn't really get to wring the car out on any challenging corners so I can't really comment on the handling except that it felt solid and very connected.

This car had every option and so there a lot of controls and screens on both the instrument panel and center stack screen. While I'd prefer a black interior, the gray interior is very nice and I like the suede inserts on the seats and door panels. Very comfortable and luxurious. This car is more a GT than a sports car and I guess I'm getting old, but I really weighed getting this vs a Mustang, Focus RS, Golf R, or Accord coupe. The car looks great in black, low and menacing, with a Darth Vader look in front. The practical aspects of a 4 door sedan, large trunk, AWD, and smooth, effortless power won out.
I really like this car and it is a definite step up from my old Fusion, so I bought it tonight. Unfortunately it has to go thru dealer prep and I won't get it until tomorrow morning.

When I first walked into the dealer the sales guy pointed to a GT350 I was ogling and said jokingly that that was the Sport! It had a $15,000 added to the MSRP!

Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I think Ford was a little aggressive when stating that it was going to match the Mustang GT.. I can see it possibly running with an EB Mustang, but that's about it.

Other than that, glad you liked the car. The AWD and suspension swooned me over.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I think Ford was a little aggressive when stating that it was going to match the Mustang GT.. I can see it possibly running with an EB Mustang, but that's about it.

Other than that, glad you liked the car. The AWD and suspension swooned me over.
One thing I think everybody needs to realize is that Ford did not say it could run with the Mustang GT. A salesman making a sales video claimed Ford said something to the effect. His words not Ford's. I hate the idea that some salesman got people's expectations a little too high in regards to this attribute, and now there all disappointed. This is a fantastic car. Oh and the upside of this car from a tuning perspective is definitely higher than the ecoboost Mustang(not that you said otherwise elronino)
For those looking for a pony car look elsewhere, this is a sport/touring sedan, and a very **** good one.

·
Registered
529 Posts
For those looking for a pony car look elsewhere, this is a sport/touring sedan, and a very **** good one.
I couldn't agree more... However, I am currently talking with a few places to get an idea on a tune for this car. I feel there could be some very modest tweaks that would make this car that much more fun.

3rd gear seems to be pretty lame, for me anyway. Shifts could be a bit tighter, not sure if that will change over time as the trans breaks in. I'd love to have a few more ponies and torque.... who wouldn't.

My one goal, is to get a nice 87 eco and performance tune in the event the oil goons spike prices.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I couldn't agree more... However, I am currently talking with a few places to get an idea on a tune for this car. I feel there could be some very modest tweaks that would make this car that much more fun.

3rd gear seems to be pretty lame, for me anyway. Shifts could be a bit tighter, not sure if that will change over time as the trans breaks in. I'd love to have a few more ponies and torque.... who wouldn't.

My one goal, is to get a nice 87 eco and performance tune in the event the oil goons spike prices.
I agree

·
Registered
69 Posts
I love this thing. The shifts aren't what I would call sloppy, but they could be a bit more sharp. Eventually, I want to get mine up to about 350-400hp at the wheels and clean up those shifts a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts