Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got my FS and want to put an exhaust on it. Since it is a lease would the dealership give me a hard time because the stock muffler will have to be welded back on when i return it. The exhaust i was looking at is on shopmrt.com.

·
Registered
405 Posts
depends on the dealer. Most dealers want the car back in the condition they gave it to you in, others might not care. Also depends on the car, id say the vast majority of the people who buy a Fusion dont want an after market exhaust, where as the vast majority who buy a mustang want an after market exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
And especially if you go with another brand after this lease is over, they're going to be even more picky.

·
Registered
293 Posts
You can always trade it in... then they just value it for what it is ans dont do a lease return inspection. May not even notice the aftwemarket exhaust

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I would just do it and return to stock before u turn it in. If the cuts are straight for the MRT install and the welds are good when you re-install the stock muffler, all should be good. If its looks professional Ford won't even notice when you turn it in.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It can vary by dealership but mine told me I can do exhaust as long as there is mufflers and has cats.

·
Registered
136 Posts
And if your dealership is strict then just keep the factory exhaust and just re weld it back on when it's time to turn it in. They don't go under the car anyways when inspecting turn ins. A third party does the inspection at my dealership. They mostly look for dents and scratches inside and outside of the car. They won't notice a few new welds. Plus if they were even going to ask you why the exhaust is different you can always tell them that you ran over a critter and needed to have the exhaust repaired. Tons of people turn in leases with different exhausts. Real common with the truck guys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yep, not a big deal, just make sure you put it back when you're done, and don't be surprised if they make a big deal when you have engine issues, they will try to blame it on the exhaust, but will legally have to prove it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts