Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
What do you think you can get with steeda cai and custom exhaust with a 93 octane tune getting mine tuned on dec 6th
For really big power a lot of guys go flex fuel and/or alcohol injection. Getting some alcohol in there really gives you a lot of headroom to make massive power.

Biggest gains on these are the tune and the intercooler probably, just as far as power is concerned.

·
Registered
904 Posts
For really big power a lot of guys go flex fuel and/or alcohol injection. Getting some alcohol in there really gives you a lot of headroom to make massive power.

Biggest gains on these are the tune and the intercooler probably, just as far as power is concerned.
Water / Meth, and no more than 50% on the meth. I've got one nozzle now, gonna add another soon as I get it. E30 tuning is pretty good power, but it's not a matter of just pulling into your favorite gas station and filling up with E85.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
904 Posts
Far as my currant map goes, I hit a lot of tables. Big thing is shutting off limiters that have no real reason to be one, it's just Ford being control freaks. The 545 was a surprise, especially with less than 20 lbs of boost, and just a bit over 30 lbs of air. I really need to get my 3.0 chargers done and down pipes on it once I have those. A CAI by it's self wont gain you very much, and even adding other mods to the list, it might pick up a few more ponies. We've talked about CAI's and how they let in hot air, so the gains are if any are small due to the rise in MCT's. Most will argue that a good drop in filter like a K n N will do the job just fine. Power wise 400 HP is easy, the drive line will eat up some of that though by the time it gets to the wheels. I think someone posted a stock dyno number a while back that was 270 280 at the wheels. There was some talk about loss being closer to 18 % and not the 20 % the most claim, 2 % isn't much, but it helps the numbers look better at the wheels.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yes and no, all depends on what your aim is. You take the top diesel shops in the country building over the top trucks for the call out challenge, they pump the power up to crazy levels for the dyno runs, then turn it down for the 1/4 miles runs. We've had guys make close too 3000 HP on the dyno, but they never get close to those numbers when it comes to what they run tuning wise for the 1/4. We could in do the same to a point if we wanted with a Sport, but not sure it really warrants that kind of time n effort. Next thing to keep in mind is, do we all have a drag strip to get those time slips. We had Milan Michigan up until a couple years ago, now all we have is the old Norwalk Raceway, unless you want to drive the other side of Detroit. One thing is for sure, the small time drag strips are dying all over the country, and the law wonders why so many race on the street. All that said, I wouldn't mind hitting the strip once I'm done with mine. Still have a few things I'd like to do before that, then I think the car will be ready for a proper shake down.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have two issues with dyno numbers. One, every dyno is different and the variance between them can be significant. Essentially a car that makes more power isn't necessarily actually more powerful than one that makes less. Two, people always quote peak numbers, which don't tell you much about how the car drives or performs really.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I have two issues with dyno numbers. One, every dyno is different and the variance between them can be significant. Essentially a car that makes more power isn't necessarily actually more powerful than one that makes less. Two, people always quote peak numbers, which don't tell you much about how the car drives or performs really.
Makes sense they asked if I want a street tune or a dyno and I was like what the difference for 200 bucks btw is 600 fair for a tune without dyno numbers getting mine tuned on dec 6th but may wait cause I think there is a problem with my rdu or ptu cause I’m getting front wheel burn outs

·
Registered
904 Posts
That's for sure, other issue is trying to find someone with a AWD dyno. Yes you could drop the drive shaft, but I would rather have a correct number. 600 is a bit steep for my liking, but then when you do your own, it's all to expensive, LOL.

Reactions: maydk65 and LeVeL
41 - 48 of 48 Posts