Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome! I going along with crowd here. Very nice car! With all those mods, I can't believe there is no tune on the car. Unless the previous owner was nice enough to revert to stock, prior to selling it. (Bet that's a big NO!). Front Wheel spin is not a good thing. Agree with @LeVeL, sounds like an AWD problem. I would make a suggestion to go back to the dealership and have them check to see if there is a tune on there. Better to find out now. Since you just bought the car, they may revert it back to stock for you with little to no cost (Pray hard). Then, if you want to put a tune on there, you can start fresh. The tuning pro you choose will thank you and you will always want to keep a copy of the stock tune in case issues arise. Congrats on the new car! Hope you enjoy it was much as we do.

Reactions: Engineer and Flew

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It seriously sounds like a problem with your AWD system.
Welcome! I going along with crowd here. Very nice car! With all those mods, I can't believe there is no tune on the car. Unless the previous owner was nice enough to revert to stock, prior to selling it. (Bet that's a big NO!). Front Wheel spin is not a good thing. Agree with @LeVeL, sounds like an AWD problem. I would make a suggestion to go back to the dealership and have them check to see if there is a tune on there. Better to find out now. Since you just bought the car, they may revert it back to stock for you with little to no cost (Pray hard). Then, if you want to put a tune on there, you can start fresh. The tuning pro you choose will thank you and you will always want to keep a copy of the stock tune in case issues arise. Congrats on the new car! Hope you enjoy it was much as we do.
I have before they can’t see any issues and it hard to be like well let me floor it and it’s even worse with traction control off ya know but I asked about the tune but they just suck like the worst car dealership I’ve dealt with but even with all the trouble with awd still the best car I’ve ever owned that intake and exhaust note is amazing especially with the bov too!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I have before they can’t see any issues and it hard to be like well let me floor it and it’s even worse with traction control off ya know but I asked about the tune but they just suck like the worst car dealership I’ve dealt with but even with all the trouble with awd still the best car I’ve ever owned that intake and exhaust note is amazing especially with the bov too!
Yeah there's almost no way that car is stock. These cars don't have an exhaust note stock, the exhaust is very quiet stock. But someone has definitely put some money into modding that car, and it's definitely got some upgrades. But like @maydk65 said you might want to be able to have the stock tune as well, so maybe you should have a dealer (probably a different dealer since yours sounds pretty bad) revert the PCM to stock. Then you can get a tuner, like he suggested, and get whatever tune you want.

The downside, of course, is the you're paying for a tune where if you just run what you have you're probably (but not definitely) tuned already. Still, I'd probably do what he suggested if you can do it without it stretching you too much money-wise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Yeah there's almost no way that car is stock. These cars don't have an exhaust note stock, the exhaust is very quiet stock. But someone has definitely put some money into modding that car, and it's definitely got some upgrades. But like @maydk65 said you might want to be able to have the stock tune as well, so maybe you should have a dealer (probably a different dealer since yours sounds pretty bad) revert the PCM to stock. Then you can get a tuner, like he suggested, and get whatever tune you want.

The downside, of course, is the you're paying for a tune where if you just run what you have you're probably (but not definitely) tuned already. Still, I'd probably do what he suggested if you can do it without it stretching you too much money-wise.
Yeah I put an exhaust on it yesterday it was way to quiet. the intercooler is not stock that makes me think forsure it has or had a tune. My budget is 2000 to get it read for track season I need to beat a 392 that is my only goal lol 😂

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yeah I put an exhaust on it yesterday it was way to quiet. the intercooler is not stock that makes me think forsure it has or had a tune. My budget is 2000 to get it read for track season I need to beat a 392 that is my only goal lol 😂
There not that fast, already done it. Make more fricken racket than anything.

Reactions: Shuter and Flew

·
Registered
478 Posts
Only lost to one 2020 Challenger (392). Stripped out interior/windshield wiper motor/assembly/light battery and all other weight saving. All this and slicks, I didn't stand a chance.
He ran 11.45 at 119 mph on a prepped track.

Reactions: Shuter

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Only lost to one 2020 Challenger (392). Stripped out interior/windshield wiper motor/assembly/light battery and all other weight saving. All this and slicks, I didn't stand a chance.
He ran 11.45 at 119 mph on a prepped track.
Sucks that's it's so hard to get a FS into the 11's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
You guys are awesome so nice to be in a crowd of people that understand that feeling! What do you guys think the limits are on the stock block for reliability wise and what you guys do for the next performance mod knowing everything that on it? Or I guess as much as I know lol

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
You guys are awesome so nice to be in a crowd of people that understand that feeling! What do you guys think the limits are on the stock block for reliability wise and what you guys do for the next performance mod knowing everything that on it? Or I guess as much as I know lol
Stock block is probably easily good for 450 with high reliability, from what I've seen. Some guys run well over 500 and have no problems. Honestly, the block on these things is built like a tank. And we have forged internals that are very similar to diesel engine parts. Our engines are absolutely rock-solid. They're the last thing I'd worry about, unless you just go crazy and advance the timing way past where it should be or something like that.

Every car has its strong points and its weak points. The FFS definitely has a really, really strong engine. Our RDU, PTU, and possibly the transmission would be the parts I'd guess would go before that. But even there, we have guys running absolutely excessive power levels and not having a single problem so a lot of it is just how you tune it, and how you maintain it, I think.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would say traction is the most limiting factor. There are a few guys testing enhanced trans /PTU and RDU aftermarket components. Many of us would be in the 11s if we could get low 1.7 60' times or dare to dream... a 1.6 second 60'
I can hear the axles crying now.

• Haha
Reactions: Engineer and Shuter

·
Registered
904 Posts
Someone say excessive power, LOL :) I did get me a 545 lb with less than 19lbs boost today doing a data log while I was chasing down a car we sent out for a cat.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Check out Twin Force Fusion. He has many mods to his car an gotten into the 11's.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Someone say excessive power, LOL :) I did get me a 545 lb with less than 19lbs boost today doing a data log while I was chasing down a car we sent out for a cat.
What are you dialing in that's getting you that much torque off 19 psi? Those are great numbers! I'm pushing a little under 19 at about 425. Feels pretty good but obviously not 545. 😉

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
What are you dialing in that's getting you that much torque off 19 psi? Those are great numbers! I'm pushing a little under 19 at about 425. Feels pretty good but obviously not 545. 😉
What do you think you can get with steeda cai and custom exhaust with a 93 octane tune getting mine tuned on dec 6th

21 - 40 of 48 Posts