Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I brought a 2017 FFS 54000 miles for 21500 it has so much done to it carbon steering, Lincoln dash steeda cai,intercooler and lowering spring. tsw 19s just put an exhaust on it gonna get tints and i wanted a recommendation for a tune or should I get a custom tune I live in Chicago. also having a lot of front wheel spin and I need help cause none of my friends are car people last car was a 2.0 there’s more a chrome delete and a rear winglet just found more stuff a ram intake and it has a turbo smart bov

·
Registered
442 Posts
i wanted a recommendation for a tune or should I get a custom tune I live in Chicago also having a lot of front wheel spin
First of all, punctuation is your friend 😄

Under what conditions are you getting wheel spin? It sounds like your car is stock, power-wise, so are your tires really bad? What does the intelligent AWD monitor show when you're accelerating, are the rears kicking in?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Under what conditions are you getting wheel spin? It sounds like your car is stock, power-wise, so are your tires really bad? What does the intelligent AWD monitor show when you're accelerating, are the rears kicking in?

I would not be surprised that he may already have a tune; based on all the installed mods.

Reactions: maydk65 and Fozzy

·
Registered
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
213 Posts
Nice car and welcome from Texas !

·
Registered
2017 Shadow Black Ford Fusion Sport
73 Posts
There's no shot the previous owner is not part of either this forum or the Facebook group. I don't have Facebook access at work but can someone search the FB group for "TSW"? There can only be a handful of shadow blacks with TSW wheels like that.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Nice FFS, welcome to the forum! I actually think there's a very high chance you already have a tune on that car. A lot of tunes intentionally allow some wheel spin because it enhances the "performance" feel of the car. I think with all the mods you got with your car (nice steering wheel!) you very likely have a tune. ;)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I forgot to mention that, like @LeVeL said, there is normally no wheel spin on these cars. The AWD system is terrific, and I can punch it in the rain and merge into traffic at full throttle with no wheel spin. So if there's any wheel spin, there's either a problem with your tires, or you have a tune that's allowing that. There are probably a few other things that could cause that but those are the main two.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have a tune and I'm still on the original tires (42k miles so I'm replacing them soon) - no wheel spin, just grip and go.
With 94 Tune, I can get easily squawk a front and a rear at will. Absolutely roasting them with traction control off and the MS109 tune. Stock... I couldn't spin them in a puddle of jelly. lol As you suggested and if he is only getting front wheel spin as displayed by the AWD monitor. He has an RDU related issue. I believe a few people have reported this.

OP: Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy the Sport. Best bang for the buck and you are already there in most mods.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First of all, punctuation is your friend 😄

I suck at punctuation! Any hard acceleration I do front wheel burn out with it showing the Awd is working then it says disabled cause I can only get a 0-60 of 6 seconds and I’m going for mid 4 I had a 2017 2.0 with awd never any slip.
But it hard to believe this is still stock at all! And all this dealership have no idea about this car ptu or Rdu feels like at least!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I forgot to mention that, like @LeVeL said, there is normally no wheel spin on these cars. The AWD system is terrific, and I can punch it in the rain and merge into traffic at full throttle with no wheel spin. So if there's any wheel spin, there's either a problem with your tires, or you have a tune that's allowing that. There are probably a few other things that could cause that but those are the main two.
I didn’t think about a tune doing that!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There's no shot the previous owner is not part of either this forum or the Facebook group. I don't have Facebook access at work but can someone search the FB group for "TSW"? There can only be a handful of shadow blacks with TSW wheels like that.
Please find them. I’ve been trying too this guy spent like $7000 on mods I can’t find him anywhere.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I didn’t think about a tune doing that!
Yeah it sure will, depending on the tune! I drove a Fusion with a 1.5L 4-banger once and it had a tune on it, and was FWD only. It would break those fronts loose like nobody's business. It was hard to keep it under control if you punched it. And that was with a little 1.5L. But it was the tune doing that, allowing the loss of traction without cutting power to get traction back.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts