Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
No this is not my thread nor my build log, nor am I using the turbo options proposed in this thread lol. I hijacked it but will correct tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
No this is not my thread nor my build log, nor am I using the turbo options proposed in this thread lol. I hijacked it but will correct tomorrow.
You're using custom turbos, but I get it. Probably best you leave the off topic thread derailing bs to the professionals... lol.

Ehem. @Indy_Enzo I think it's about time you get us back on track, yeah? Any new developments over the weekend?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Dealership fixed in 10 seconds today. He didn't put the vacuum line on the actuator. Good to go now. Tuning in progress. Holy **** this is fast on the 2nd revision. Only 18lbs already faster noticeably.
Excellent. thank god they don't have to tear it down again.
Looking forward to dyno and/or track results (if you plan on any)

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I just came across this vid that talks about turbos. There's a segment at 5:35 talks specifically about what we were talking about re: increasing the inducer diameter. He makes no mention of increased lag, which I was surprised to hear. The only consideration he mentions is durability.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I gotta ask. How money do you have invested so far???? I think thats a question a lot of us are wondering,

From my testing I believe you are incorrect. Please provide data to correct me, there is always a good chance I am wrong.
But personally I believe the +35 HPFP is pointless. Go big or go home you know what I mean?

Here are my performance specs though:

Engine
Unleashed Tuning custom E85 tune via SCT GTX
Unleashed Tuning Sourced 3.0L MKZ Turbos
BBK 65mm Power Plus Throttle Body
Steeda Cold Air Intake
Steeda TB Spacer
Steeda Oil Catch Can
Ultimate Performance FMIC w/ Garret Core
Xtreme-DI High Pressure Fuel Pump +60%
Xtreme-DI Upgraded Injectors
Snow Performance Stage 3 Methanol Injection System
Livernois 160 Degree Thermostat
NGK Spark Plugs
Eco Power Parts Charge Pipes
Eco Power Parts Intake Pipes
cp-e xFlex RMM
Velossatech Ram Intake
2 XS Power D4700 Batteries (supplementary located in rear)
Suspension
D2 Racing Bagged Coilovers
Air Lift Performance 3H/3P Air Ride Management System
Vlair Dual 440c Compressors w/ silencers
Steeda Jacking Rails
Steeda Rear Sway Bar
Steeda Front Sway Bar
Steeda Front Strut Bar
Steeda CD4 Adjustable Front Sway Bar Endlinks
Steeda CD4 Adjustable Rear Sway Bar Endlinks
Steeda CD4 Billet Rear Shock Mounts
Brakes
R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors
R1 Concepts Optimum Brake Pads
Rotiform HUR-T Candy Copper Finish Three Piece Wheels
Michelin Pilot Sport S4 Tires
Steeda Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Exhaust
Ultimate Performance Catless Downpipes
Slate Performance Custom Fabricated Mid Pipes
Borla Axle-Back Exhaust

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I just came across this vid that talks about turbos. There's a segment at 5:35 talks specifically about what we were talking about re: increasing the inducer diameter. He makes no mention of increased lag, which I was surprised to hear. The only consideration he mentions is durability.

What?? @ 7:38 he talks about increased efficiency on both sides of the turbo and why that would not increase lag, even with the higher flow.
That makes sense to possibly not have more lag with a clean sheet design. These upgraded turbos do that?

I'll still wait for at least the anecdotal review from those who have done it and better yet, before and after datalogs.
(which also don't tell you everything if you are not driving it).

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #87 (Edited)
The car is still in the shop, while rolling the fenders both rears chipped badly. Should have it end of this week or early next week. Working on getting on the dyno ASAP after.

And to who asked, I have like 60 - 65k invested in parts/components alone.

Expecting to strip my axles so we're getting the specs to get custom ones made rn as well.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
You're using custom turbos, but I get it. Probably best you leave the off topic thread derailing bs to the professionals... lol.

Ehem. @Indy_Enzo I think it's about time you get us back on track, yeah? Any new developments over the weekend?
My bad, been super busy. Yeah this thread definitely got derailed lol. Once I get her back and get logs we'll get back on track. Kinda sucks were in a waiting period here, but I definitely haven't abandoned the post or anything, just have nothing new to offer as of yet.

·
Registered
848 Posts
@Indy_Enzo sorry to hear about the fenders chipping. I'm worried about mine doing then when I'm going to fit wider wheels and tires for auto cross.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
What?? @ 7:38 he talks about increased efficiency on both sides of the turbo and why that would not increase lag, even with the higher flow.
That makes sense to possibly not have more lag with a clean sheet design. These upgraded turbos do that?

I'll still wait for at least the anecdotal review from those who have done it and better yet, before and after datalogs.
(which also don't tell you everything if you are not driving it).
I took his statement about increasing trim as a broad general statement about increasing trim, not specific to just the turbo he was talking about. If he was making that statement with a silent disclaimer of "in this case" then that would make sense, too. That said, I'd hope these upgraded wheels also have a little more efficiency for the price.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Hey guys, due to having an absolutely crazy schedule right now coupled with the ever changing build, I'm going to move over all conversations from different threads to my build thread. Which means ill just be checking the build thread and posting updates there. Also don't want to derail certain threads + have all the information in one spot for people to reference/ask questions.
BTW swapped my engine to the 3.0l lol.

To wrap things up here...if you're interested in the 3.0 turbos hit up Torrie at Unleashed Tuning.
They're awesome.

Thanks!

81 - 93 of 93 Posts