Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
I took it to the dealership so what do they know.

·
Super Moderator
1,271 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
They are. Been on the lift for 6 days.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I'm gonna give my theory on how this affects performance based on my limited research and understanding of fluid dynamics, but I am by no means an expert, so take this with a few grains of your preferred seasoning.

A larger inducer will be able to "scoop" more atmospheric air, so all else being equal, you get a higher flow capacity. A larger exducer will "throw" the air with greater force, so you get a higher pressure differential across the wheel. A larger inducer will slightly increase rotational mass, and will be moving a greater mass of air, thus will slightly increase lag. A larger exducer will significantly increase rotational mass, and it will be putting more energy into moving the air, therefore a larger exducer will affect lag more than a larger inducer would.
Reasonable explanation, but I already don't like the stock turbo lag.
It wouldn't be so bad if this car wasn't so finicky about pre-launch boost.
But it is, so it would be nice to see some datalogs, off idle, before and after.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I have no warranty. I just paid out of pocket to replace my first transmission i blew up a couple months ago. They voided all warranty the moment I tuned it. With the new Fords that have the Ford pass app, nearly everything you do is logged and sent to ford.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Really? Compared to every other turbo'd car I've driven, I barely notice the Sport even has lag at all.
Not saying much. That's like saying I only sharted a little bit:).
I guess there are fewer and fewer people who own (or have ever even driven) old cable throttle big block cars.
Even a TVS'd coyote is night and day from an ECO (still has electronic throttle delay, but at least no lag after that)

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
Not saying much. That's like saying I only sharted a little bit:).
I guess there are fewer and fewer people who own (or have ever even driven) old cable throttle big block cars.
Even a TVS'd coyote is night and day from an ECO (still has electronic throttle delay, but at least no lag after that)
I own a Foxbody currently, owned a '69 F-100 with a FE block (seller claimed 390 which I discovered was actually a 360) and an F-150 with a 300-6, all with manual transmissions. I know what throttle response is. I also owned a '88 Turbocoupe with a t3/t4 turbo, had a good buddy with '04 STI and another good buddy with a big turbo Mk3 Supra, so I know what turbo lag is. Both have their own fun little perks.

If the Sport was offered in a manual, then yes, the lag would probably be a bit more noticeable, but as it is, I've never really found myself to be bothered by the little lag it has. 🤷‍♂️

I would trade a little more lag for a lot more top end without a second of hesitation.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Why do you think they do not touch the exhaust wheel is it a exhaust housing
problem / too small to port it for a larger wheel ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have no warranty. I just paid out of pocket to replace my first transmission i blew up a couple months ago. They voided all warranty the moment I tuned it. With the new Fords that have the Ford pass app, nearly everything you do is logged and sent to ford.
Damn how did you know your trans was dunzo ?

·
Registered
723 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
It wouldn't shift into 2nd. Only 1st and reverse worked.
That stinks, the transmission is the one thing I would change on this car if I could. S

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
As it sits, I honestly think we may already have one of the strongest transverse transmissions made to date. That said, when I win the lotto and retire, I'm definitely gonna swap in the drive train from the new Explorer ST. Then I could really see what the 3.0 is capable of.

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I have a SVO mustang shell that is ripe for that kind of swap

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I have a SVO mustang shell that is ripe for that kind of swap
Make it happen.

I think if I had a SVO shell, I'd be tempted to use a 2.3 ecoboost. I bet you could get that combo to be a track terror.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Well turbos are in, the wastegate duty cycle is showing 100%. No idea what that means, but Torrie said it isn't good. I have attached some pictures of the new turbos as I unboxed them, I didn't think anything of the scratches, but you tell me, do these Wastegates need to be completely sealed? Are these holes the issue? Did Hong make a mistake or maybe is it just a vacuum line the dealer forgot to attach? What do I do here. Between the fuel and turbos with labor I'm around 9500. I really cant justify another 5k in labor to take these back out and put 'fixed' ones back in. So i'm hoping some folks here have some insight. Thanks in advance. defeated at the moment

Attachments

41 - 60 of 93 Posts