Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So I wanted to get some more gains out of our turbos, and the OEM 3.0 mkz turbos weren't really cutting it. Disappointingly enough, I couldn't find anyone who offers upgraded 3.0 turbos.

Long story short I reach out to Torrie from Unleashed and he talked with CRP Engineering and got them on board to design and build an upgraded 3.0 turbo set.

Now I know at this point you're going to expect me to pitch a group buy situation so the labor and cost involved for R&D will be justified to CRP. Well you thought wrong.

I bought an additional pair of 3.0 turbos that were sent directly to CRP and paid the cost to have these things built. They will arrive tomorrow. Since these are currently 1 of 1 I don't have any data showcasing the gains, but I will try to have that ASAP.

I don't believe any of this information has been given publicly yet, nor am I sure if they are available yet (thru Unleashed). But I figure I spent the money so I have every right to tell who I want, right?

I'll let the following screenshots between Torrie and I explain additional details & statement from CRP.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.
I do know that I don't know what the regular retail pricing is going to be for them though haha. Sorry.

Lastly, here is the full resolution picture they sent over:

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Very interested in this keep us informed

Reactions: Indy_Enzo

·
Registered
91 Posts
What were you getting out of the stock 3.0 turbos PSI and airflow lb per min wise?

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you want full E85 out of even the stock 3.0t your going to need XDI-35 and injectors

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want full E85 out of even the stock 3.0t your going to need XDI-35 and injectors
From my testing I believe you are incorrect. Please provide data to correct me, there is always a good chance I am wrong.
But personally I believe the +35 HPFP is pointless. Go big or go home you know what I mean?

Here are my performance specs though:

Engine
Unleashed Tuning custom E85 tune via SCT GTX
Unleashed Tuning Sourced 3.0L MKZ Turbos
BBK 65mm Power Plus Throttle Body
Steeda Cold Air Intake
Steeda TB Spacer
Steeda Oil Catch Can
Ultimate Performance FMIC w/ Garret Core
Xtreme-DI High Pressure Fuel Pump +60%
Xtreme-DI Upgraded Injectors
Snow Performance Stage 3 Methanol Injection System
Livernois 160 Degree Thermostat
NGK Spark Plugs
Eco Power Parts Charge Pipes
Eco Power Parts Intake Pipes
cp-e xFlex RMM
Velossatech Ram Intake
2 XS Power D4700 Batteries (supplementary located in rear)
Suspension
D2 Racing Bagged Coilovers
Air Lift Performance 3H/3P Air Ride Management System
Vlair Dual 440c Compressors w/ silencers
Steeda Jacking Rails
Steeda Rear Sway Bar
Steeda Front Sway Bar
Steeda Front Strut Bar
Steeda CD4 Adjustable Front Sway Bar Endlinks
Steeda CD4 Adjustable Rear Sway Bar Endlinks
Steeda CD4 Billet Rear Shock Mounts
Brakes
R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors
R1 Concepts Optimum Brake Pads
Rotiform HUR-T Candy Copper Finish Three Piece Wheels
Michelin Pilot Sport S4 Tires
Steeda Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Exhaust
Ultimate Performance Catless Downpipes
Slate Performance Custom Fabricated Mid Pipes
Borla Axle-Back Exhaust

·
Registered
91 Posts
Didn't see that you had the XDI-60 and injectors in your mod list, I think we are are on the same page. You have the most fueling out of any Fusion Sport I am aware of.

I was saying that I don't think the XDI-35 can keep up with the stock 3.0 turbo let alone a modded one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Running E60 with the XDI-35 w/stock injectors at the moment and can't go full out with my stock Turbos

·
Registered
130 Posts
@Indy_Enzo If those NGK Spark Plugs you list are the ones Torrie is selling, you may want to hold off using them for two reasons:
1) They are the same cool rating as the ones in the Sport from the factory.
2) If the gap was around .040 when you got them and you gapped them down to .030 or .028 then you're going to run into issues in about 4-5K miles when those gaps widen again. Please see the Spark Plugs thread: Lets Talk Ignition Coils, Spark Plugs

Reactions: Shawnski

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
I just saw the press release on CR performance website about the fusion upgraded turbos ..

Reactions: blackhawk77

·
Registered
91 Posts
And they only refer to the 2.7 turbos oddly enough when you look at the core charges.
I just saw the press release on CR performance website about the fusion upgraded turbos ..

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
stage 3 turbos ?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Doesn't appear they are modifying the exhaust side.
Hopefully you can keep the EGT's in check with the tune/E85 and the drive pressure doesn't get too crazy.
Looking at the CR website, that place don't mess around, 3D scanning and printing capabilities, that's a game changer

1 - 20 of 93 Posts