Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Fusion Sport owners!

Excited to share my progress with you all and I've gotten a lot of inspiration from the build podium threads! :nerd:

My name is Chris, about 2 weeks ago I sold my project 1992 RB25det swapped 240sx and traded in my 2013 tuxedo black Focus ST for a 2017 Lightning Blue Fusion Sport! My wife and I just closed on a house and we wanted a midsize sedan, and something with an auto she can drive. Being a car enthusiast I always get the performance version of any car!

My car history:
2003 Volkswagen GLI (Vr6)
1997 Audi S4
1992 RB25det 240sx
2013 Focus ST

Initial Impressions of the Fusion Sport.
I have about 400 miles on the Fusion, and I have to say I always drive the car in sport. It shifts a bit better, throttle response is more lively and I can easily drop a gear with the paddles if I really need to. The paddles frankly are not the greatest, and this is my first Automatic car so I'm definitely still adjusting haha

The power is amazing, but the transmission while very good, still has a bit of on-throttle anxiety, it often has a hard time deciding which gear to leverage. Definitely reduced in sport mode, but still present. (I'm hoping to get some feedback from you guys who went to a LMS 93 tune, and how it affected the transmission)
The AWD system works well you can definitely tell when the Haldex kicks in, and it's a very welcome addition coming from the Focus ST.

All in all really happy with the purchase and overall quality of the fusion sport. I'm equally excited to become a part of this community as I am to tastefully modify the fusion!

The trade in:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Welcome and I might have 240 questions since I bought my son a southern 89 240sx with just 90k. First mods will be LSD and 5 lug conversion.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Welcome. Nice to meet you

·
Registered
49 Posts
Welcom. Good color choice!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
481 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Vert, lucky kid! The LSD and 5 lug swap are great mods! Opens up some wheels options makes brakes to be a lot more responsive + safe. One thing you'll want to do, if you change the hubs and brakes to z32 in the rear is get r33 skyline ebrake cables, the s13 cables won't work. I assume your son will want that handbrake + a drift button hehehe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Everyone for the warm intros!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts