Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Fusion Sport about a month ago. Have been reading all I can on this forum. Good stuff all around. Mine is Burgundy Velvet, but I call it Black Cherry because Burgundy Velvet sounds like a stripper's name...

Put in K&N panel the first week I had it, and did the Unleashed 93 tune with 700 miles on it. I broke it in hard, and it runs great. Almost 2000 miles on it as of today.

I have an old GTech performance meter, and when I do everything right, it runs 4.7's 0-60 pretty consistently. Mine ran REALLY good stock. The Unleashed tune made a noticeable and measurable difference, but I wouldn't say it was night and day. Just a noticeable improvement. I'm very glad I did the tune. The car is so smooth, it doesn't seem THAT fast, but I know it is!

As far as the flat spotting, I have the Goodyear tires, which have a polyamide belt. Many tire makers used nylon belts in performance tires, but they would flat spot a bit. When they warmed up they smoothed out. The polyamide is similar but smoother. Mine vibrate for about a mile, then smooth out. Best riding car I've ever owned.

Love all the info on this forum.

Pinky

·
Registered
1,018 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Welcome and congrats! Glad to see another Buffalonian FuSport owner in here.

Hope to see you around, Pinky. Enjoy the car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
NICE. I too am in Buffalo. I have yet to see another Fusion Sport on the road.

Hope to see both of you around soon - feel free to PM, can add on Facebook and talk about our WRX killers all day.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have a few buddies that have wrx's and live in buffalo. I'm sure they'll message me if you guys race them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a good friend that lives near me with a new STI. It is modded and Cobb tuned. If we race, my only hope is that he misses a shift...

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
STI will be rough. I don't think you'll keep up with one OTS tuned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts