oh and congrats and welcome

·
Registered
278 Posts
Exactly the same color I have.....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Really nice. Looks good in the sun! Congratulations and welcome.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Loving it so far. Plenty of tech, luxury and performance for me.
HEY MAN IM in Atlanta also...! we should meet up!!! I live in the bulkhead area..

He on go non Facebook and check out the gwinett car meets page every other Thursday there is a huge tuner meet on brook hollow parkway its about 300 cars deep.. I am the on FUSPO that goes you should come out so we can start a group lol

·
Registered
465 Posts
Congratulations on your new Sport.

A truly positive group of people in this forum.

Welcome Jeff.

·
Registered
278 Posts
All the FFS's are beautiful cars, but what I like about
the Magnetic is how it matches up with the wheels.

Everyone that has asked me about the car, made the
comment "how they like the way the wheels match
up with the paint job".

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new car. I got the same color, although yours is quite a bit more loaded. And you're not forced to have a front plate, either. :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Nice wheels.

I really wish I would have held out for the color I REALLY wanted... which is Magnetic. I'm not disappointed... just wish I could have found one spec'd out the way I wanted.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Loving it so far. Plenty of tech, luxury and performance for me.
Nice color choice! same color here, congrats on your purchase, welcome to the forum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. It does have more on it than I would have ordered, but it had what I had to have and there weren't many around at the dealers. I'm not sure I would have ordered the magnetic based on Ford's website photos, but in person it looks really nice with the metallic flakes in the paint.

I am a little disappointed in the wind buffeting driving with the windows down, wasn't something I tested as it was cold the day I test drove it. Probably wouldn't have kept me from getting it, but it is surprising. I've owned a lot of cars and have never experienced such buffeting before. I'm guessing it is because the interior B pillar is so thick. Does this bother any of you?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just crack some of the other windows. (I don't remember which ones work best, trial and error.) The buffeting goes away. It's also very speed dependent. Our 2015 Edge has the same issue. Also, the moonroof has two positions. One is more prone to noise/buffet.
-Lee

pg 85
Opening and Closing the Moonroof
Touch (A) to open the moonroof. It will
stop short of the fully opened position.
Note: This position helps to reduce wind
noise or rumbling which may happen with
the moonroof fully open. Touch (A) again
to fully open the moonroof.
Touch (C) to close the moonroof.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I agree with the thought of driving with the windows down. It is generally not a great experience. You can fix some of it by lowering other windows too, but it doesn't go away completely. The good thing for me is I rarely ever put my windows down unless I am cruising through town which is low speed and nothing to really be worried about with the noise. Most of the time I am on the highway at 80 mph, so I don't have the windows down then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts