Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice car, I prefer that grill over the fish mouth of the Fusion Sport

I just could not stomach the markup for a re-badged Fusion with .3 liters more displacement. 27k vs 47K for a base model

Reactions: ColoradoGuy

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice car, I prefer that grill over the fish mouth of the Fusion Sport

I just could not stomach the markup for a re-badged Fusion with .3 liters more displacement. 27k vs 47K for a base model

My apologies if that sounded snarky, it was not intended to be, I actually test drove a select and a black label. And if you love the car that's all that really matters (and what mods you'll be doing =)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My choice was going to be a fusion sport or mkz. Found this one used with 20k miles and got it for 31k!

Mods are: a custom cold air intake I built, go fast bits bypass valve, livernois tune, and a custom front mount intercooler I built. Car hauls ass now with the intercooler

·
Registered
171 Posts
My choice was going to be a fusion sport or mkz. Found this one used with 20k miles and got it for 31k!

Mods are: a custom cold air intake I built, go fast bits bypass valve, livernois tune, and a custom front mount intercooler I built. Car hauls ass now with the intercooler

Nice, have you had a chance to get it out to the track yet? And.. intercooler *drool*

·
Registered
868 Posts
Welcome! How'd you go about doing the custom intercooler? I'm sure we are all drooling to find that out since there is nothing on the market yet.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im at 5300 ft of elevation where DA is around 8000 FEET

Stock it was running 14.0 @98, I loaded the tune at the track and got in line, the car didnt even have a chance to learn the tune yet. It went [email protected] completely blowing the first to second gear shift. I am anxious to run it again with the new intercooler... It feels like it picked up several mph.

·
Registered
127 Posts

I see you ran a [email protected] in 8000DA! That is impressive! Was that with your current mod list? Welcome to the forum bro!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome! How'd you go about doing the custom intercooler? I'm sure we are all drooling to find that out since there is nothing on the market yet.
I own a business called Ultimate Performance, I custom build turbo kits, exhaust, intercoolers, headers, intakes, intercooler piping, intake manifolds, roll cages, etc. I also tune most aftermarket standalone computers and install them. I work on lots of racecars and hot rods and also do normal repair work lol.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I own a business called Ultimate Performance, I custom build turbo kits, exhaust, intercoolers, headers, intakes, intercooler piping, intake manifolds, roll cages, etc. I also tune most aftermarket standalone computers and install them. I work on lots of racecars and hot rods and also do normal repair work lol.
Well that explains a lot then! LOL

I don't suppose your "custom" intercooler could be easily replicated, could it? lol

·
Super Moderator
1,312 Posts
Curious what the final size of your custom intercooler was. Do you still have the original one laying around? Would like to know it's dimensions as well.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well that explains a lot then! LOL

I don't suppose your "custom" intercooler could be easily replicated, could it? lol
Yes it can be....

Curious what the final size of your custom intercooler was. Do you still have the original one laying around? Would like to know it's dimensions as well.
The core size is 24X8X3.5

Stock core is 25X6x2.5

·
Registered
552 Posts
darkstar, can you post a link to your website - then we get information from there?? I'm not sure of the forum rules regarding this type of thing, and don't want to get you in any hot water.

But obviously some of us are interested in this upgrade.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did I see something mentioned about a rear motor mount you were developing? I'm much a noobsauce when it comes to performance etc, i am guessing that it prevents the motor from twisting under load and therefore transferring that non loss of flex to the wheels?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts