Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I've been stalking the forums for a while since before I got the fusion and finally decided it was time to join. I a former s197 coyote owner and I though I was gonna miss the power of a V8 but this car feels so quick off the line. Well here she is

·
Registered
142 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
992 Posts
Welcome! I'm a former S197 V8 guy myself as well. I loved the way my Mustang drove, handled, and sounded especially rowing my own gears. But it was just a lot slower than a tuned EcoBoost car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! I'm a former S197 V8 guy myself as well. I loved the way my Mustang drove, handled, and sounded especially rowing my own gears. But it was just a lot slower than a tuned EcoBoost car.
I was over the rough ride. And finding out that it had previous frame damage from a previous owner sealed it's fate.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I was over the rough ride. And finding out that it had previous frame damage from a previous owner sealed it's fate.
What year did you have? I put HD Bilsteins on the rear of my 07 GT along with a Hellwig adjustable rear sway bar. Didn't touch the other parts of the suspension and had the stock 235/55R17 Pirelli's. Rode really good. Should have done the MGW shifter in 2007 instead of 2015 lol and the FR500S axle-backs are a dream (zero drone, loud as f). When I ran Pypes off-road X with the FR500S, it sounded like a race car (but no drone). I'd purposely downshift and run WOT under any bridge or tunnel possible. It sounded beautiful on 696 under those 3 "tunnels"

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a manual. My stock 14 GT Stang auto ran 12.74 @ 112, fusion 93 tune, 12.72 @ 108.
Dropped on blower and went 11.23 @ 125, second pass. On street fusion would win across
intersection ( I do cheat a bit with 315 DR's on Stang), but after that, might as well be standing still.

Still love my Sport for all weather killer traction (even back when it was on stock crappy badyears),
stealth, 4 door ease, and even looks come real close.

·
Registered
992 Posts
WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe a manual. My stock 14 GT Stang auto ran 12.74 @ 112, fusion 93 tune, 12.72 @ 108.
Dropped on blower and went 11.23 @ 125, second pass. On street fusion would win across
intersection ( I do cheat a bit with 315 DR's on Stang), but after that, might as well be standing still.

Still love my Sport for all weather killer traction (even back when it was on stock crappy badyears),
stealth, 4 door ease, and even looks come real close.
My SHO ran 12.4 @ 111 mph with just a tune, so I was running with Camaro SS's and S550s on the street, and it takes off so much faster than a Scat Pack. On the newer S550s, the 10-speed auto is the way to go for drag racing. Of course when you throw a blower on the V8 it is much faster than EcoBoost with stock turbos. I'd still prefer rowing my own gears. it is also much much much easier to tune with a manual transmission. If you look at the 10-speed transmission settings, it's a nightmarish collection of tables.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts