Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a new one. Yesterday, I started the car and my climate control temperature setting showed as "lo". The fan wasnt running. I tried increasing temperature, decreasing temperature, changing fro
Auto to manual, using touch screen vs buttons. The fan indicator showed the selected speed, but no fan.

I drove around and could feel the cold air at the vents, so the a/c was working, just no fan.

Shut car off with temp set at 22. Closed and locked the door. Started car back up and it reverted to "lo" again.

I stopped and started the car 5 times before all returned to normal.

I couldn't find any other posts on this (sorry if I missed it). Has anyone else experienced this? I've got 39,000 km on a June 2016 build date and haven't had the battery problem yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
206 Posts
My issue was a little different, in that it didn't change the temperature setting and I couldn't feel any cold air, but there was one time where the climate control just wouldn't come on. A few engine starts/stops got it going then...

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had this happen 1 time to me with a 400A package. Same thing, fan just wouldnt blow air, turned the car off/on, opened and closed the doors. Finally started working again. That was about 8 months ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a 17 Fusion Sport that this just happened to, with 36000 miles on her. Going to try the recommended off/on door opening technique a few times and see if that helps. It's a really terrible time for this to happen as it just hit the low 30 degree temps in Texas and I LOVE my steering wheel warmer! NEED it to work again!

·
Registered
33 Posts
And on the ride home it worked just fine. I wonder if it is a fob issue. I noticed that my door unlock worked a little funny before it happened.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Dammit, I had this (or a similar) problem this morning, in my fully loaded (Canadian) 2017 Sport. It's -10'C (-15'C) here. Remote started my car, went out after about 8 minutes and it was still frigging freezing in there. Seat was not warm, steering wheel was not warm, no air blowing at all.

Start the car. Hit the button for heated wheel from the main Sync3 home screen. System beeps, but indicator does not turn red to show wheel heating is engaged. Hit it several times, also from the climate screen, nothing. Push is recognized with a beep, but no indicator change and no heat at the wheel. Whatever, figured there was a glitch with the wheel and started driving.

Hit the console button for heated seat. In short order, seat did start heating.

However no heat from the blower. I look at the console, realize that the "Auto" indicator is not lit amber (meaning for some reason it's not in Auto mode). Hit the physical button, it lights amber, but no heat/air movement. Hit the Auto physical button again, nothing happens - doesn't even extinguish the amber light.

Go to the Climate screen. Note that the auto temps are NOT my normal settings (both set to 23'C, I leave them at 21'C). Adjust the temps back to 21'C, no response. Manually set the blower fan to maximum, no response and no airflow. Hands by the vent, I can feel hot air weakly tricking out, just by natural convection from driving though.

So really frustrated. Car interior barely warmed by the time I finished my 40min commute. Have not done anything else since, but given all the weird behaviour from the controls I don't think there's a physical problem (ie busted blower), but rather that there's some control or communication problem. Fact that remote start didn't heat things, wheel heat button didn't work, hopefully it's something stupid.

Will probably try a start during a break shortly to see if the problem persists or not. I do note that there is a new v3.0 build update available, but not ready to try that just yet until I see how serious this problem is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a ‘16 Fusion Titanium, now my daughter’s car, center console not responsive, screen nor surrounding buttons, not even seat heater; happened a few times (worked then didn’t work) and finally took it in; dealer tried some updates to no avail, ended up replacing control module...outside warranty period, $900...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dammit, I had this (or a similar) problem this morning, in my fully loaded (Canadian) 2017 Sport. It's -10'C (-15'C) here. Remote started my car, went out after about 8 minutes and it was still frigging freezing in there. Seat was not warm, steering wheel was not warm, no air blowing at all.

Start the car. Hit the button for heated wheel from the main Sync3 home screen. System beeps, but indicator does not turn red to show wheel heating is engaged. Hit it several times, also from the climate screen, nothing. Push is recognized with a beep, but no indicator change and no heat at the wheel. Whatever, figured there was a glitch with the wheel and started driving.

However no heat from the blower. I look at the console, realize that the "Auto" indicator is not lit amber (meaning for some reason it's not in Auto mode). Hit the physical button, it lights amber, but no heat/air movement. Hit the Auto physical button again, nothing happens - doesn't even extinguish the amber light.

Go to the Climate screen. Note that the auto temps are NOT my normal settings (both set to 23'C, I leave them at 21'C). Adjust the temps back to 21'C, no response. Manually set the blower fan to maximum, no response and no airflow. Hands by the vent, I can feel hot air weakly tricking out, just by natural convection from driving though.

So really frustrated. Car interior barely warmed by the time I finished my 40min commute. Have not done anything else since, but given all the weird behaviour from the controls I don't think there's a physical problem (ie busted blower), but rather that there's some control or communication problem. Fact that remote start didn't heat things, wheel heat button didn't work, hopefully it's something stupid.

Will probably try a start during a break shortly to see if the problem persists or not. I do note that there is a new v3.0 build update available, but not ready to try that just yet until I see how serious this problem is.

That sucks, especially in this climate eh. I also have a 40min commute I'd be screwed with that issue. Any change when you left work ?

·
Registered
555 Posts
30% or more of today’s car cost is for computers and technology. So there is a lot of tech. The good news is repairs typically mean narrowing down and reprogramming or replacing the bad module. A hassle, but a lot more elegant and cleaner than tearing down an engine, or transmission or other mechanical parts of the car.

Reactions: Engineer

·
Registered
740 Posts
A few times mine did some weird stuff too. I can't remember what I did , whether it was using the physical buttons or the sync controls and the sequence, but it went back to normal. Never took it in.

·
Registered
73 Posts
About three weeks ago mine stopped turning the heated seats and steering wheel on during remote starts and the windshield defrost setting would be on low and barely melting frost off the windshield when I got in the car... and it's continuing to do so. The worst part is some days it was -30 Celsius. I'm taking it into the dealership tomorrow to have it looked at. It was a "minor" issue as everything worked after manually starting the car, but enough's enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's a new one. Yesterday, I started the car and my climate control temperature setting showed as "lo". The fan wasnt running. I tried increasing temperature, decreasing temperature, changing fro
Auto to manual, using touch screen vs buttons. The fan indicator showed the selected speed, but no fan.

I drove around and could feel the cold air at the vents, so the a/c was working, just no fan.

Shut car off with temp set at 22. Closed and locked the door. Started car back up and it reverted to "lo" again.

I stopped and started the car 5 times before all returned to normal.

I couldn't find any other posts on this (sorry if I missed it). Has anyone else experienced this? I've got 39,000 km on a June 2016 build date and haven't had the battery problem yet.

Thanks
Turning the engine off and back on worked for my 2017 Fusion Hybrid

·
Registered
1 Posts

Can you tell me if you remember what the problem was with the heat or how you got it to start working again?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts