Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have a 2017 sport that i love! However i like to go fast and need to go faster. So give some help on what to upgrade in my girl.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Hi, there's plenty of info here. Look at various build threads for ideas. My build thread is pretty long with the things I've done.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
200 Posts
...i like to go fast and need to go faster. So give some help on what to upgrade in my girl.
Hi Jenny's burgandy, here's a useful list of performance upgrades: Performance Parts List for 2017 Ford Fusion Sport
I recommend upgrading the intercooler first ("Front Mount Intercooler" in the list), and then having a tune ("Tuning/Programmers").
This forum is a great place to be, I've learned a lot here.
Thank you for your good work as a nurse.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Interooler cools down the pressurized air coming from the turbos before it passes through the throttle body into the cylinders. There are several threads on the intercoolers as to whether or not they are worth the money to invest in an upgrade.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Hi Nurse Jenny and welcome

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks!!! I am a nurse so do not know the lingo.
My good friends a nurse at U of M and cant thank you guys enough for what your dealing with right now God bless.

Tune is the easiest and best bang for your buck. You plug it in and press a few buttons and it changes the mild characteristics of the car and pushes them more to their full potential. All in $500-$600 dollars. When doing mine it shaved 1/2 second off my quarter mile time.

Intercooler is another great bolt on. The factory intercooler is way undersized in my opinion and should be upgraded. Colder air to the engine will make your car faster, more consistent and some say better fuel mileage. Adding a CPE ($700-$900) intercooler shaved another 1/2 second for me. More involved of an installation removing the front bumper, but basic hand tools get the job done.

After those two upgrades i started to get wheel hop and shutter, a rear motor mount helped alleviate that.

Weight reduction also, she's a heavy girl. I've taken out passenger seats and spare for 1/4 second gain just for kicks. Sounds like alot but honestly can be done in 10 minutes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi there and thank you for your support.
yea, those seem to be the best options. My only worry is screwing up my Warranty that i have on the car. Do i have to remove the tune whenever i take it for service? I am also liking the sound of all the upgraded exhausts I hear on this forum. How is that for improving performance?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi there and thank you for your support.
yea, those seem to be the best options. My only worry is screwing up my Warranty that i have on the car. Do i have to remove the tune whenever i take it for service? I am also liking the sound of all the upgraded exhausts I hear on this forum. How is that for improving performance?
Hi Jenny's burgandy, in answer to your warranty question, the dealer will be able to determine if a tune was ever installed, even if you remove the tune prior to taking it to the dealer. If you would make a warranty claim and the dealer knows about the tune, then, if the tune could be seen by the dealer as a factor that's contributing to your warranty claim, then the dealer can deny the warranty claim. If you do get a tune, and you want to take your Sport in to a dealer for service, it might be a good idea to reinstall the stock tune for the dealer visit anyways, in case the dealer would perform some sort of software update that depends on the stock tune.

I've had my Unleashed tune installed since about 5k miles, my Sport is at about 47k now, and I've had no problems; I've also not needed to make any warranty claim or dealer maintenance. The tune changes my Sport from being fun to drive, into being an eager missile.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy your sport.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The tune wouldn't show as being changed at the dealer if it went back to stock. But they would be able too see how many times the car has been operated since the tune reflash. So if you have your car for 2 years and computer shows you have drove it 8 times that's when they would know somethings up. At least that's what my tech at Ford dealership explained to me. Plus it wont help if you pull up with an aftermarket intercooler either. I know my tech, he did half the mods with me so i was never worried, any problems would be taken care of. But without that connection i would of rode out the warranty because I've heard some 2.7l have had problems from 2017.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts