Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!!! I just purchased a wrecked 2017 Ford Fusion Sport with only 272 miles on it...currently in the process of fixing it. Will post pictures once the car is fixed. I can't wait to get her done. After going through several threads the first few things I'm going to do to it are the Steeda CAI and I'm gonna give it a custom exhaust system. I'm coming from a 2013 Ford Fusion SE with the 1.6L Ecoboost so its going to be a drastic change that I'm looking forward to!!!! However I'm not new to the fast car game...I used to have a 2005 Mustang GT that I had built up with full exhaust (LTs, off road H, flows), stage 2 cams, 4.10 gears, CAI, delete plates, and a 125 shot of nitrous. I loved and miss that car!!! It ran mid 11s. So getting this Fusion is getting me closer to the fun I used to have with the Mustang and I'm excited!!!!

Here is a pic of my 2013 Ford Fusion SE that I have lowered 3/4" on H&Rs, tinted the tail lights and Windows, blacked out the Ford Emblems with BocaDecals, and blacked out the factory grill with plastidip.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey guys!!! I just purchased a wrecked 2017 Ford Fusion Sport with only 272 miles on it...currently in the process of fixing it. Will post pictures once the car is fixed. I can't wait to get her done. After going through several threads the first few things I'm going to do to it are the Steeda CAI and I'm gonna give it a custom exhaust system. I'm coming from a 2013 Ford Fusion SE with the 1.6L Ecoboost so its going to be a drastic change that I'm looking forward to!!!! However I'm not new to the fast car game...I used to have a 2005 Mustang GT that I had built up with full exhaust (LTs, off road H, flows), stage 2 cams, 4.10 gears, CAI, delete plates, and a 125 shot of nitrous. I loved and miss that car!!! It ran mid 11s. So getting this Fusion is getting me closer to the fun I used to have with the Mustang and I'm excited!!!!

Here is a pic of my 2013 Ford Fusion SE that I have lowered 3/4" on H&Rs, tinted the tail lights and Windows, blacked out the Ford Emblems with BocaDecals, and blacked out the factory grill with plastidip.
Sounds like a great project, welcome!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey guys!!! I just purchased a wrecked 2017 Ford Fusion Sport with only 272 miles on it...currently in the process of fixing it. Will post pictures once the car is fixed.
I think it would be awesome to see BEFORE and after pics.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys!!! I just purchased a wrecked 2017 Ford Fusion Sport with only 272 miles on it...currently in the process of fixing it. Will post pictures once the car is fixed.
I think it would be awesome to see BEFORE and after pics.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.
I will definitely do that!!! Seems like it'll be an easy fix from what we can see!!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car is done!!! Here are some before and after pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Looks beautiful. Was it a relatively easy fix in the end?

·
Registered
563 Posts
If I may...how much did it cost to get as a totalled vehicle and why was it totalled? Air bags deploy?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Where at in Missouri? I'm in St. Louis, and I've seen a total of two maybe three sports aside from mine on the roads!

Edit: If the dealer tag is any indicator, are you in Table Rock?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I may...how much did it cost to get as a totalled vehicle and why was it totalled? Air bags deploy?
We bought the car with only 272 miles on it for only $9200. I haven't got my final bill for the rebuild yet buy I'm assuming somewhere around $5000 so $14-15k done. Not bad for a $38,000 car with less than 300 miles on it!!!! As for why it was totaled you can see the damage in the pictures and yes the driver steering wheel airbag was deployed along with driver seat airbag. But none of the others.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Looks good! I am guessing you got a smokin deal since it was totaled...
Yeah a heck of a lot cheaper than off the lot...only downside is losing the Warrenty. Bought it through auction for $9200 then around $5000 to fix it. Not too shabby a deal!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Where at in Missouri? I'm in St. Louis, and I've seen a total of two maybe three sports aside from mine on the roads!

Edit: If the dealer tag is any indicator, are you in Table Rock?
I live in Springfield. My parents and the shop fixing the car is in Shell Knob down on Table Rock.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The car is done!!! Here are some before and after pictures.
You saved mega $$$ on your car. Looks pretty good except for one detail. Not to rain on your parade, but are the pics of the fixed front end the finished repair? Maybe the hood got buckled a little. The trim line from the front fascia, the hood, and the front fender should be a straight line. If you can live with it then no problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
You saved mega $$$ on your car. Looks pretty good except for one detail. Not to rain on your parade, but are the pics of the fixed front end the finished repair? Maybe the hood got buckled a little. The trim line from the front fascia, the hood, and the front fender should be a straight line. If you can live with it then no problem.
Yes you are correct. In the pictures I took of it on the driver side the hood was slightly up and not perfectly in line with the front fascia or the fender. This has since been fixed though. Also the front fascia needed to be adjusted up a fraction of an inch. It was a little too forward and created too big a gap between it and the hood. Both of these issues have been fixed. I knew an eagle eyed person like myself would notice that. It was the first thing I noticed when I first saw the car completed and we were able to get that fixed since then. I just haven't been able to get a picture of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts