Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am the proud new owner of a 2017 Fusion Sport. I have a few questions and would like some help. I plan on modifying this car fairly heavy with performance upgrades, but i need to know a few things first before i begin. I have been reading up on the forums for a few days.

Is there a Facebook group related to the FFS

What is the stock PSI

What is the Max PSI,

Are there aftermarket Down Pipes/mid pipes.

Anyone tried running a 4" exhaust that is after the cat. (i assume that the square box thing is the cat)

Is there a throttle body spacer that is tapped for meth injection

Where is the best place to tap into for a boost gauge

OCCs where to mount and are the pcv valves open or are they one way.

What kind of HP can the transmission really handle

Of the tuners that i have read on, do they offer custom tunes, using a dyno in person to tune.

Who on these forums has the most experience and would be the person to talk to about these and other issues.

A little about myself.. My previous car was a 2013 Optima SX 2.0t. I had full intake, an upgraded turbo. Complete CP-e 3" exhaust from the turbo back to the tips. No cat, No resonators. Meth injection A custom Meth tune, OCC's and quite a few other mods. It made 330HP / 330tq on a dyno. It was an amazing car, but i totaled it. I purchased a 17 Sonata 2.0t with every option under the sun, they called it the ultimate. However the recent version of the car/engine had a less aggressive ecu and smaller turbo, and it was noticeable and i was not satisfied with the "stock" power plant. And there is nothing in the works from the tuners or mod places for the newer vehicle / engine. So i traded that in for the FFS (which i did test drive before i bought the sonata) The only thing that really drew me towards the FFS originally was the AWD. However having only owned the FFS for 3 days now, i am very satisfied with it. And it would be just fine stock, however i think this car has A LOT of potential and i want to make it into a true ECO-Beast.

Thanks
JOhn

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
According to my Ngauge, I hit 18.8 psi on my unleashed tune.
No DPs are available
You can upgrade your turbos and I believe they are from Cavalli. They are enlarged with upgrade billet turbines.
As far as boost gauge, the F150 guys tap into the vac line coming off of the intake tube.

·
Banned
249 Posts
well, mods for the fusion are slowly coming, but don't expect any STI/EVO type aftermarket support.

If you get a turbosmart BOV, it comes with an adapter to also run a boost gauge.

DP, well that's a tricky one cause these Garrett turbos are matted to the block

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Is there a Facebook group related to the FFS?

-Already answered by Dave

What is the stock PSI?

-My logs showed around 15ish psi stock

What is the Max PSI?

Looks like about 1.8 bar (~25 psi) to stay in peak efficiency, but could go up to about 2.25 bar (~30 psi) before it starts to encroach on the surge limit. Now, that is strictly the boost capability of the turbos without factoring in airflow. That is also no taking into account pressure loss from the turbine to the manifold. You will have at least a couple psi more at the turbine than at the manifold where it's being measured. There are several other factors involved as well, and the chances of being able to push these to 30 psi at the manifold on this engine safely is slim. My tuner is currently running 21 psi on his F-150, and is sending me a 19 psi tune as soon as he gets some bugs worked out. I'd guess you could get into the low 20s pretty comfortably. My fuel system has shown a fair amount of head room in my extreme cold datalogs so I doubt fueling will be an issue on our cars like it is on the SHO.

Are there aftermarket Down Pipes/mid pipes?

-Not that I know of yet.

Anyone tried running a 4" exhaust that is after the cat?

-Dual 4" exhaust is way overkill for a 2.7L. I think that might actually cause more back pressure than a smaller exhaust due to the fact that the gas will be moving so slow that it will have time to cool quite a bit. Cooler air is heavier, which makes the engine work harder to push it out, then you add in the extra volume of the huge pipes, that makes a lot of heavy air to have to push out.

(i assume that the square box thing is the cat)

- The square box is the resonator. The cats (2 of them) are closer to the engine, right behind the turbos.

Is there a throttle body spacer that is tapped for meth injection?

I believe the Boomba Racing TB spacer is tapped.

Where is the best place to tap into for a boost gauge?

-I use my SCT X4 as my boost gauge, so I can't help you there.

OCCs where to mount and are the pcv valves open or are they one way?

-The valve on the dirty side (manifold source) is one way, and the clean side hose (filter box) is open, but has a sensor to detect flow. Mount in a cooler area for best efficiency.

What kind of HP can the transmission really handle?

Depending where you look, you may find different answers. I haven't found a definite answer, but I'll share what I have found. The 6F55 means 6 speed, Front wheel drive (transverse), 550 power rating. The power rating is either 550 ft/lbs or 550 newton meters (405 ft/lbs). I don't know the correct answer.

Of the tuners that i have read on, do they offer custom tunes, using a dyno in person to tune?

-Don't know, but probably. My tuner is working with me on a datalog tune.

Who on these forums has the most experience and would be the person to talk to about these and other issues?

-Depends on the issue. I know a little about a lot of different areas, but there are several members with way more knowledge than me in any one of those areas. Best bet is to surf the forums and look for who is answering the questions you have.

Hope that helps.

Also, welcome aboard! Now let's see them pics!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys, my goal for this car is to be around 450 hp, IF it can handle that. Still need more research, but if 30 was the max PSI, then i would shoot for somewhere around 25. My optima stock was 17.5 but was boosted up to 26.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
450 might be stretching the stock turbos a bit. Garrett rates these at 200hp each. You could do it, but you might need a full intake so the turbos don't have to work so hard to get the boost to the engine.

edit: assuming these are in fact the Garrett GT15-48 turbos, I doubt you can get to 450 without nitrous. The map shows these being maxed at about 19 lb/min, which roughly translates to 190hp.

Granted, paper racing is what it is, but an extra 50-70 hp on top of what the turbos are designed to do is a big leap without some chemical help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have 30 gallons of M5 Meth in my garage.. I buy in bulk lol. Tapping the TB and adding the meth injection will be one of my first goals. Until its tuned it will be used to keep the intake temps down and the valves cleaned. And i would feel comfortable running the 93 tune even on 91 gas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts