Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has got to be one of my favorite upgrades yet, I couldn’t take the factory radio with the 4 inch screen for much longer. I ended up going with the Alpine 407 which was recommended to me by the guy at the radio shop I brought it to. I also purchased the adapter kit through him that changed the A/C controls and I think makes it look a lot sleeker inside. The total price was around 1600 or so with the adapter costing about 750, the radio 400 and labor covering the rest. I also purchased new door and rear deck speakers with a sub to add in since I didn’t have the Sony system. Gonna put those in this weekend with my dad.
Car Vehicle Radio Satellite radio Steering wheel

·
Registered
252 Posts
HI Ricky, looks awesome!

Let us know how you and your Dad's new speaker installation goes this weekend.

Reactions: Ricky116

·
Registered
271 Posts
@Ricky116 I really like it, looks well organised. I personally like the original central panel which I have, however If I would have the very first car from 2016/2017 like below

Car Vehicle White Motor vehicle Automotive tire

I would definitely go with this Android Centre Panel (similar to Tesla style)

Plant Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Gadget

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
@Ricky116 I really like it, looks well organised. I personally like the original central panel which I have, however If I would have the very first car from 2016/2017 like below

View attachment 29899

View attachment 29900
I've heard people having issues with the tesla screen failing not long after the install, I went and ordered the 4.2 to 8 inch conversion from 4D Tech. Wasn't cheap, but it works really nice and looks good. I'll get some pics with my tablet above it here in a few, painting my engine cover as we speak. :)

Reactions: DaMiFo and Ricky116

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That looks clean as hell. Nice setup!

please get these for the blank switches
View attachment 29866
Thanks man, I appreciate the compliment I really like it a lot and it’s much simpler with just the touchscreen and not all the buttons. And I’ll definitely have to invest in some of those lmao, I’ve been wondering what to do with the blanks since the second I got it back. Thanks for the idea 😂

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

View attachment 29899

View attachment 29900
Gonna be honest, I had no idea that really existed. The guy I brought it to had just searched kits from metra electronics and the one I got was the only other option it seemed like other than the Sony one from Ford themselves. I definitely see the appeal with that touchscreen but I personally would miss having at least some of the buttons.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HI Ricky, looks awesome!

Let us know how you and your Dad's new speaker installation goes this weekend.
It went relatively well, however in the following few days it was evident that something was wrong since the amp we chose was heating up rather quickly and would just shut off after around ~ 20-30 of driving and not even close to full blast. Fast forward a little bit and it turned out that the amp we chose was made to run multiple subs in 4 ohm (or however you pronounce/spell speaker power) and not 2 ohm. The one sub I had was 2 ohm so it was messing with the amp, so we had to go out and buy a standalone sub amp that could handle the power properly. Since then everything has been working well and even with both of my amps being mounted to my rear seats in the trunk, it has not overheated since (knock on wood).

·
Registered
157 Posts
Quality amps that are used within spec can easily handle summer heat in the trunk. Now that you’ve got your speaker and amp in matching spec I wouldn’t worry a bit. My Kenwood 1000w has weathered many Louisiana and Florida summers and went from 10 years in a silver car, to now going on 2 years in my Shadow Black FFS. Most have built in cooling fans and operate fine up to 150 degrees F.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts