Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Glad to see a few aftermarket parts are coming out. Once I land a sport, I hope they have a catless DP out by then.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Interesting, does anyone know what size our existing Throttle Body is?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
yeah, $500 is way too much for that little of a gain. Its just not worth it to me.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Gotta remember thats 8-12HP with a stock tune. Id imagine that would be closer to 20HP on the 2.7L with an after market tune due to the higher boost pressure and better TB tuning profile.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
yeah, if I was going to race and wanted every last HP out of it, sure, but I will go the route of a tune, and probably only the tune and a few other small things.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
736 Posts
They were supposed to give me one to test for them but they've since ignored my emails after a couple weeks of "We'll be getting them in and you can come in and test one.".

·
Registered
736 Posts
I also alerted them that it's compatible with the 2.7.

·
Premium Member
1,015 Posts
I highly doubt you will get any gain out of a throttle body upgrade as far as horsepower. It will feel like it has better throttle response because it will flow more at a given throttle position similar to the pedalmax, but once you get anywhere near the max airflow of the stock TB there are so many other much worse restrictions that I highly doubt the TB will make a lick of difference. I'd start upgrading things on the cold side of the intake first, then the exhaust, then the charged air pipes, then the turbos, then when you start getting closer to 500+hp, it might be worth upgrading the TB. If it were significantly cheaper, it might be worth is just for the placebo effect of the throttle response, but you should already be able to tweak that with a tune. That's my $.02 anyway.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The gains may be higher on the sport. The hp numbers posted by BBK are for the mustang. It may be very similar but I feel it would help her breath better. Agreeing that we really need a tune + intake + exhaust to see some real numbers. I'm interested in it because I'm doing a tune shortly and would like to have it included to see if it makes a bigger impact on the throttle response.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The gains may be higher on the sport. The hp numbers posted by BBK are for the mustang. It may be very similar but I feel it would help her breath better. Agreeing that we really need a tune + intake + exhaust to see some real numbers. I'm interested in it because I'm doing a tune shortly and would like to have it included to see if it makes a bigger impact on the throttle response.
Throttle response can easily be changed with a tune. Was hoping for a lower price so I could perform some Vbox testing and see if any time was taken off 0-60 or 40-80 etc.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wouldn't waste my time or money on a throttle body unless you have a tuner working with you! TB are very touchy with the ECU and can cause faults, we have done many dyno's with upgraded TB's with no real gain other than some response, it's your money, but I personally would not waste my time on it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
@DetroitFS, TwinForce_Fusion installed a BBK 65mm TB back in June. In his videos that I've seen, he hasn't complained any about his BBK TB.

Today TwinForce_Fusion posted a video with his Sport running 0-60 in 3.80 seconds:

In a video that TwinForce_Fusion posted yesterday, he showed that he's using a Beltronics VectorPro GX2 to measure his times.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Can't find any info on the gx2. Probably has a 1hz gps module. Just as unreliable as our phones. Can anyone cited that it has a 10 or 20hz gps module? Those are the only personal devices I would trust. 3.8 doesnt sound impossible though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts