Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been lurking around the site for quite a while and finally took the plunge in getting a brand new 2019 while I could. Final sale will be Saturday. Not too many new ones left hanging out there anymore.

I currently own a 2010 Sport with Steeda mods and tunes, so this is not my first Fusion Sport rodeo. :)

The 2019 will be the Magnetic gray outside color, which looks nice. Until I get some pics of the 2019 you'll just have to be satisfied with pics of my 2010.

Vidmo

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice, will your new Sport completely replacing your old one or will they be sharing a garage? Either way can't wait to hear more, especially about a back to back comparo.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Did you ever have to replace the water pump on your 2010?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome! I'd be interested to hear your comparison of the two models once you've had some time in the new car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did you ever have to replace the water pump on your 2010?
Hi @metroplex.

Thus far the only thing non-normal maintenance I've had to do with the 2010 is to replace the PTU (went completely bad) and windshield nozzles which cracked. I've got 126K on the 2010 ATM.

I'm looking forward to actually being able to service the PTU now. :)

Vidmo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, will your new Sport completely replacing your old one or will they be sharing a garage? Either way can't wait to hear more, especially about a back to back comparo.
Thanks @Titan80102. The 2010 will be sold (for a very good price) to my 17 year old son. He's pretty excited to get it.

Vidmo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! I'd be interested to hear your comparison of the two models once you've had some time in the new car.
Thanks @19sport. I'm pretty excited to get the 2019 myself. I'm having to travel to another state tomorrow to pick it up. Got an amazing deal that I'll share once the transaction is complete. I don't want to jinx it right now. ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Took some time to get some pics today.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Very nice! Hopefully your son wont have to replace the water pump on that 2010 Fusion Sport.

I don't see many 2019 Fsports in the wild... most of the 2019-2020s I've seen driving around are the hybrids. I guess Ford was dumping them at dealers or giving them great lease deals. It's amazing Ford will spend money to redesign the rear bumper fascia on the 2019 Fusion Sport, for 1 model year on a limited trim.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks @metroplex. Funny, now that you mention the rear end it is quite a bit different than previous module years. I really like it much better.

·
Registered
992 Posts
It looks to be a cleaner design. The 2019 Fusions all get those chrome eyebrows on the tail lights and that black lower fascia. It's just odd how Ford decided to spend money on re-doing it for the Fusion Sport and then didn't make the Sport for 2020, followed by axing the Fusion/MKZ after 2020. I guess they made these decisions at the spur of a moment.

Almost every single 2019 in SE MI is a hybrid, so it is nice to see a 2019 Sport!

My 2017 has that single chrome trim that runs across the trunk, and the chrome actually started to bubble and peel away.

·
Registered
229 Posts
It looks to be a cleaner design. The 2019 Fusions all get those chrome eyebrows on the tail lights and that black lower fascia. It's just odd how Ford decided to spend money on re-doing it for the Fusion Sport and then didn't make the Sport for 2020, followed by axing the Fusion/MKZ after 2020. I guess they made these decisions at the spur of a moment.

Almost every single 2019 in SE MI is a hybrid, so it is nice to see a 2019 Sport!

My 2017 has that single chrome trim that runs across the trunk, and the chrome actually started to bubble and peel away.
I like the 17/18 rear better than mine, but I like my rear defuser better.

I find it really troubling that chrome is coming off. Have you taken it in? The warranty should cover it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Vidmo, I had the same exact 2010 & made the same transition. Except, I had a 2013 Focus ST sandwiched in between. Sorry for the crumby pic of the 2017 but it's the only pic I had. FYI: it shows the new FMIC I installed a few months ago prior to buttoning everything up. I sold my 2010 to a friend. He loves it so much, he stored it for the winter!!
Good luck w/your 2019....I have to admit, I'm jealous. keep us posted on any mods you plan to make.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sad to say that my 2010 Fusion Sport is no more. She was rear ended back in March while my son was driving it (he's fine) but the repairs to the back end would end up costing more than the car is worth. :( I removed the tune and set her back to stock. She will be missed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts