Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
R1 concepts says the Edge has 316mm rotors both ends, I have yet to see a Edge with vented rear rotors, but the Edge Sport might. Big thing is whether they have cable E brakes, or electric like the Fusion. That was all dependent on what year also, Fusions 13 n up are all electric E bakes, but Ford seemed to lag behind on the SUV platforms going to it, but I want to say Edges got it in 2016, and same with the MKX. I keep hoping the get a 16 up Edge Sport in at work so I can look it over and get and idea of what they did with the brakes. I read where they had some with vented rotors on the back, but have yet to see one. If they did indeed make them with vented rotors, that would be a awesome brake upgrade for our cars
Everything I have read said even with the "brake upgrade", it was basically painted calipers and better brake pads.
Meanwhile, I think you can even get a Brembo upgrade on Suburban's now. The GT500 FINALLY gets a multi-piston rear
caliper. Ford has been slow to upgrade brakes.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have definitely fallen prey to the “if I can only run ‘xx’ then I’ll be satisfied” trap! But I made the mistake of adding up all the money I’ve spent so far...I’ve got maybe $1500-$2000 of room left before it crosses my personal “stupid” line. On the other side of stupid is a 6.8 Mustang which means I sacrifice winter weather and passenger hauling capability just to run 10s...as I said; just the other side of the same stupid! I just need this car to last until I retire and I won’t care about those things anymore. That’s what my wife’s car is for! Ha!
Buy a nice used S197, get classic car insr (runs $203 a year in NJ for 22K value), drop on blower/X-pipe, run 10's. Keep Fusion as DD.
That 6.8 Stang is going to be 80+ grand.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Any new info on this?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Has there been any progress on the differential development?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Buy a nice used S197, get classic car insr (runs $203 a year in NJ for 22K value), drop on blower/X-pipe, run 10's. Keep Fusion as DD.
That 6.8 Stang is going to be 80+ grand.
NJ required the classic car plate/insurance for a car to be over 20 years old when I checked years and years ago (so this might have been changed) and Haggerty wanted photos to prove the car was in classic car shape. I was trying to get my daily plated as historical to avoid the emissions/safety inspection. The oldest S197 would be only under 17 years old. You'd want a 2007-up S197 for some of the chassis upgrades (not a huge difference but still...) since they made slight changes to accommodate the 2007 GT500. And with a blower they were easy to get into the 10s.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Since 1996 I’ve insured our original 17,000 mile ‘66 T-bird through Condon-Skelly for what is now up to $158/year. It’s basically state-minimum liability insurance with $50/50 mile roadside assistance included. I didn’t see any point in trying to insure for repair or loss value because if it gets wrecked, it can’t be repaired by a common body shop, if it’s stolen who gets to decide what it’s worth beyond the value of a 55 year old car? We bought it for $2750 in 1996. At a car show in the early 2000’s some guy walked up and offered me $24000 cash which I declined. I’ve seen them go for twice that and half that since then. Right now it’s market value is about $14000. Condon-Skelly offers coverage for “occasional use” vehicles like for parade, car shows, racing, etc. Our policy limits mileage, I forget but something like 1000 miles per year. That’s not a problem for how we use it. If I had a race/cruise-in type vehicle I’d just get liability and stay alert!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts