Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Skipe, what was the difference with the rear brakes? I might have missed a thread on it but are they larger/thicker/vented?
R1 concepts says the Edge has 316mm rotors both ends, I have yet to see a Edge with vented rear rotors, but the Edge Sport might. Big thing is whether they have cable E brakes, or electric like the Fusion. That was all dependent on what year also, Fusions 13 n up are all electric E bakes, but Ford seemed to lag behind on the SUV platforms going to it, but I want to say Edges got it in 2016, and same with the MKX. I keep hoping the get a 16 up Edge Sport in at work so I can look it over and get and idea of what they did with the brakes. I read where they had some with vented rotors on the back, but have yet to see one. If they did indeed make them with vented rotors, that would be a awesome brake upgrade for our cars

Reactions: Shawnski

·
Registered
618 Posts
All well n good, but at some point you have worry about the half shafts in the rear breaking. That being said I,m sure there is wiggle room left far as input torque goes, but axles only put up wit so much before they fail.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Ah shoot were talking about edges now? Just recently bagged one of mine.
anyways, I'm definitely late to this party.

Edge dps and fusion dps aren't interchangeable. Had both cars on the lift and tried to fit the dps on the edge first. Didn't work. I forget what was blocking it but definitely doesn't fit.

I had my shop custom make ones for me. I could possibly make a couple more if people are interested. No I don't have pricing I'm literally just now thinking about it. But yes I do have the ability to produce them.

Just as a FYI I have a 16 edge sport 16 edge titanium and 19 fusion sport. I can get any updates yall want from colin as well just lmk what to ask him. Pics related

·
Registered
634 Posts
I’m confused by the screenshot conversation. Is the center coupler a real thing now? Is that what will be worth 4-6 tenths? What’s the projected pricing?
I’m enthused for 4-6 tenths but need to understand the dollar to ET ratio. Particularly if forged rolled spline axles are not in the pipeline.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I’m confused by the screenshot conversation. Is the center coupler a real thing now? Is that what will be worth 4-6 tenths? What’s the projected pricing?
I’m enthused for 4-6 tenths but need to understand the dollar to ET ratio. Particularly if forged rolled spline axles are not in the pipeline.
Colin's a buddy, he's just giving me updates. I'll be testing them for the fusions, I don't think pricing is available yet. His hurting the wallet reference is in regards to all the things in the works rn and the total cost at the end of the day.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Understood! If it’s a 2g price tag then I’m out. Getting 11s is strictly for my pleasure and ego. I can win at bracket racing without it.

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
62 Posts
Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Understood! If it’s a 2g price tag then I’m out. Getting 11s is strictly for my pleasure and ego. I can win at bracket racing without it.
You know it's never going to be enough though right? ;) Once you run 11s you'll start wanting 10s. 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
618 Posts
At that point you buy a new car, LOL :)

·
Registered
634 Posts
You know it's never going to be enough though right? ;) Once you run 11s you'll start wanting 10s. 🤣🤣🤣
I have definitely fallen prey to the “if I can only run ‘xx’ then I’ll be satisfied” trap! But I made the mistake of adding up all the money I’ve spent so far...I’ve got maybe $1500-$2000 of room left before it crosses my personal “stupid” line. On the other side of stupid is a 6.8 Mustang which means I sacrifice winter weather and passenger hauling capability just to run 10s...as I said; just the other side of the same stupid! I just need this car to last until I retire and I won’t care about those things anymore. That’s what my wife’s car is for! Ha!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Anybody have any updates for the non-facepagers here?

Reactions: LIMEY

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I think the 2.5” DPs are dead in the water. I can’t remember specifics or why. I’ll dig around a bit...

·
Registered
634 Posts
I’m interested in the coupler. I’ve got 3” DPs and MKZ turbos already.

·
Registered
618 Posts
All I heard was that the Fusion and Edge were different, even though they are the same platform. Far as the coupler goes you could source what you need on eBay, just don't go cheap. Make sure it's 304 stainless.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I’m talking about the viscous coupler and the limited slip differential - nothing needed on the exhaust portion.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I heard May on the coupler, but as always that can change.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts