Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Good **** man. I feel like my sport is really starting to open itself up. I just turned over 1k on it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice run! I assume your car is all stock? I can only imagine how different the online discussion of this car would have been had this been the first 0-60 posted. I'm sure more than a few people held off on buying based mostly on the disappointing 5.6 second run in that first video.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oups sorry, i never mentionned that this is not my video. But i felt like sharing. I currently drive a 2.0 awd 2014 and the infamous 5.6 video was making me nervous about losing so much money for a -1.2 sec upgrade. My Sport is currently in production and this video is pretty much sealing the deal

·
Registered
624 Posts
Not to poo poo this post but we still need a real professional 0-60 time. If you stop the video when it hits 5 secs it's only at 50(6 secs comes just before 60). Now the video may start a half second before he/she starts hitting the gas. The point is it's just too difficult to garner any real stats from these videos, or even trying to time your own 0-60 run. Unless you have the appropriate equipment.

The car is fast,I love driving it. But even if we were to leave the now infamous 3rd gear out of the equation, it seems to me that the very fact that it (in it's current form) has to shift to 3rd in the first place before hitting 60 is what is/will ruin it's 0-60 time. But should we be so caught up on this specific performance evaluation? What if the Sport hit 0-50 faster than a Mustang GT? Would we still think it is slow?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I noticed this guy staged it at 2500, and then launched. AutoVlog, if you watch the external camera, didn't really stage at all, gust let it kinda roll. I thought when I first watched the 5.6 0-60 it was a bad launch, I wonder how much lag he was playing with as well.

Anyone want to power brake their sport up to ~2600rpm and launch it? :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spent some time timing the video with my iPhone stopwatch and every time i get in the high 4 sec. So basically my point is that 5.6 sec seems way too high and does not represent the best case scenario.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Not to poo poo this post but we still need a real professional 0-60 time. If you stop the video when it hits 5 secs it's only at 50(6 secs comes just before 60). Now the video may start a half second before he/she starts hitting the gas. The point is it's just too difficult to garner any real stats from these videos, or even trying to time your own 0-60 run. Unless you have the appropriate equipment.

The car is fast,I love driving it. But even if we were to leave the now infamous 3rd gear out of the equation, it seems to me that the very fact that it (in it's current form) has to shift to 3rd in the first place before hitting 60 is what is/will ruin it's 0-60 time. But should we be so caught up on this specific performance evaluation? What if the Sport hit 0-50 faster than a Mustang GT? Would we still think it is slow?
Great point, it's why I like quarter mile times better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But even if we were to leave the now infamous 3rd gear out of the equation, it seems to me that the very fact that it (in it's current form) has to shift to 3rd in the first place before hitting 60 is what is/will ruin it's 0-60 time.
I'm not sure i would call a 4.85 sec 0-60 a ruined 0-60. :D

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm not sure i would call a 4.85 sec 0-60 a ruined 0-60. :D
I do agree and am hopeful (but not confident - in stock form), but we'll just have to wait and see. But no matter what the numbers say my Sport will not be any faster or slower 0-60 than it is today (Until......). And today I enjoyed driving it fast.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Since this is not your video, we have to be at least a little skeptical. I also timed it at around 4.8 so I think that much is legit, but it could be sped up, etc. I'd expect that someone getting this time would be talking about it more, maybe providing some info? Don't get me wrong; I hope it's the real deal. It just seems strange to post a video like this without a word, aside from a direct link to another car that the poster is apparently selling.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Here is the original video.
Note the mileage (123.8 at 60) and the red blinking camera light. I don't believe the timing is the same as the sound pitch is high in the "faster video".
If it is the same timing then the AutoVlog video would have had the same results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The video is not authentic. This is AutoVlog's original 0-100 video with the playback speed altered. Look at the odometer, same mileage on both videos.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Now that's a good 0-60 time... umm not. Gotta wonder what kind of weirdo speeds up a video to make his car look fast..lol. Classic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure what is more troubling. Someone taking the time to create a pretty good illusion, or someone taking the time to debunk a pretty good illusion. I looked at it and thought, whatever, I'll wait until someone who really knows how to drive, and has some sort of *official* way to time it posts something. But, I guess we all have our *hobbies*

1 - 19 of 19 Posts