Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along from the other issues it's had (dead battery & leaking PTU), the windows act a little funky. I swear one time I went to close the RR window and when I lifted the switch it went down instead of up. For the last month or so, there's been a creaking in the front end sometimes when I turn left. It's gotten bad enough now that it does it most of the time so I'm going to make an appointment for that. Now yesterday, the trim piece around the latch in the truck just fell off. It can't just be snapped back on. Seems like there's very little that holds it in place in the first place. All this in 11,000 miles. This car isn't the same quality of the last 3 Fusions I've owned.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sounds like you have a lemon. Mine is perfect thank god. But I have learned that all car brands have a certain percentage of inferior units. Its just part or production and should all be handled under warranty

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
Sorry you've been having all these issues... I had the dead battery and got a new PTU, but that's all. 10k miles on mine, no trim pieces have broken, nothing rattles, nothing is mis-aligned or anything.

When I replaced my inner tail-lights I tried taking the carpeting off the trunk lid, but the plastic piece that fell off yours wouldn't come off mine no matter how hard I pulled. It kind of does sound like you got a lemon, or at least one that was built before right everyone went home for the weekend, lol.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I really like my car, but it definitely has issues. Luckily its not my Cobra and i'll simply be buying a new car at 120k'ish and hopefully have a bit of value so that at i am not paying $40k again for the next car.

Reactions: GorgonFusionSport17

·
Registered
447 Posts
I really like my car, but it definitely has issues. Luckily its not my Cobra and i'll simply be buying a new car at 120k'ish and hopefully have a bit of value so that at i am not paying $40k again for the next car.
Make a list of the issues and take it to the dealer and demand they be fixed.. thats what your **** warranty period is for.

I paid 31k for mine but gif anything goes wring I will make those clowns fix it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did manage to get the trim piece back on. Had to push really hard. Don't know how long it'll last. I've got an appointment tomorrow to get the noise checked out.

·
Registered
626 Posts
My 09 MKZ needed them by 50,000
Same with a Ranger I had.
When I got tires on the Ranger the guy said the ball joints are shot, I said already?
He said every Ford that rolls through here with 50,000 miles needs ball joints.

And the ball joint/A arm are assemblies.
Just replace the A arm, they're relatively cheap, but that's probably why they wear out.

·
Super Moderator
1,603 Posts
My 09 MKZ needed them by 50,000
Same with a Ranger I had.
When I got tires on the Ranger the guy said the ball joints are shot, I said already?
He said every Ford that rolls through here with 50,000 miles needs ball joints.

And the ball joint/A arm are assemblies.
Just replace the A arm, they're relatively cheap, but that's probably why they wear out.
Really? You must drive over some rough road or something. My '10 Focus has 146,000 miles and the ball joints are perfectly tight. It does however eat front swaybar endlinks every 50k miles, tho.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts