Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start by saying my night was like a quote in a movie - For those of you old enough to remember the movie Good Morning Vietnam - There is a scene where the Major is addressing a Sargent (who is basically a idiot) His comment was " I never say a man in more desperate need of a ***********!!! family site so you fill in the blanks

Well this fusion sport is in desperate need of a tune

3 runs the best is listed below and I will try and post a video of one of the runs: and also scan a copy of the time slips

RT: .187
60FT 1.995
1/8 8.75 at 79.1 mph
1/4 13.79 at 98.8 mph

the otherruns were one in 13.86 and the first at 13.90

I only launched at 2500 rpm since the car only has 675 miles on it so harder launch better 60 ft maybe 13.5 or so

I will be ordering tune tomorrow and have decided on Livernois - I will run it one more time stock once it has 1000 miles on it -

Bottom line torque management, throttle response and shift points pretty much suck but it still was one of the fastest stock cars there LOL

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I will start by saying my night was like a quote in a movie - For those of you old enough to remember the movie Good Morning Vietnam - There is a scene where the Major is addressing a Sargent (who is basically a idiot) His comment was " I never say a man in more desperate need of a ***********!!! family site so you fill in the blanks

Well this fusion sport is in desperate need of a tune

3 runs the best is listed below and I will try and post a video of one of the runs: and also scan a copy of the time slips

RT: .187
60FT 1.995
1/8 8.75 at 79.1 mph
1/4 13.79 at 98.8 mph

the otherruns were one in 13.86 and the first at 13.90

I only launched at 2500 rpm since the car only has 675 miles on it so harder launch better 60 ft maybe 13.5 or so

I will be ordering tune tomorrow and have decided on Livernois - I will run it one more time stock once it has 1000 miles on it -

Bottom line torque management, throttle response and shift points pretty much suck but it still was one of the fastest stock cars there LOL
Actually good times especially with the cars first time out. 12s are definitely possible with a tune.

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Do you know what the DA was?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
da was about 550 - I really thought this car would be 13.5 stock all day based on the way my truck runs and other vehicles with smilier HP and torque ratings perform = but the good news there is a lot of potential there - some of it can be reached with a simple tune but the rest can get expensive 0 i.e. down pipe - intercooler etc -

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that was good --- but actually there is a crown vic that turns mid 9 so be careful - good thing I did not run my truck - it would have destroyed the Sport - Tune on order - hope to have it installed so we can test next Weds.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Looking back through the "Place Your Bets" thread, your results seem to be somewhat better than the average expectations of people who posted. A lot of people didn't think the Sport would crack the 14 second barrier. My guess (13.8) was on the optimistic side of that thread and you beat that in your best run. Assuming your are correct that a higher RPM launch might buy you another tenth or so, I think that puts the stock Sport in decent company, if not quite where some of us thought it would be when they first announced its specs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bencher. Thanks for sharing your times. I am actually pleasantly surprised by your stock times. Was it Jayson who also had similar times? We all want something running in the 12's, but this is still a very quick stock family sedan. Handily beats times I have seen for other non-luxury brand family sedans.

I know you do some drag racing. Did you do any prep to the car to reduce weight or increase traction? Ice the intake, spray the intercooler, toss out the spare, sawzall the stock exhaust, disconnect the sway bars, etc. I am not making suggestions, I am just wondering what prep if any you might have done and whether there is any prep that could be done easily and/or inexpensively to reduce ET. With your experience, I thought you might have insights and would love to know whether anyone else has thoughts too.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I run the Mustang I do a lot things but that car is in the high 11 low 12 - once this car is tuned and I see where we are at - I would probably take out the spare - and of course run a fan on the engine even on cool days - also always try to have no more than 4 gallons of gas in the tank - which adds about 24 lbs -
Since the wife will use it to dial bracket race next year the key will be a good RT - and consistent times - I can see a high 12 with just a tune - after that think you will need a down pipe and some other goodies

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks - you had a better 60ft time - which was a difference - I never went much over 2000 launch - the car really goes to crap on the backend - I am hoping the increase in boost with the tune will at least fix part of that.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Now that was good --- but actually there is a crown vic that turns mid 9 so be careful - good thing I did not run my truck - it would have destroyed the Sport - Tune on order - hope to have it installed so we can test next Weds.

HAHA!!, have to be careful of those old guys (he's 86 this year)

http://luxjo.supermotors.net/DADSLTD/DAD TROPHY.jpg

running around with blown strokers in those sneakie LTD's

http://luxjo.supermotors.net/DADSLTD/331 STROKER/DONE/IMG_1235.JPG

Hurry up and get that thing in the mid twelves so I can sell my EVO and 15, AWD and just
have one car, that is sort of a compromise. :p

·
Registered
405 Posts
Thanks - you had a better 60ft time - which was a difference - I never went much over 2000 launch - the car really goes to crap on the backend - I am hoping the increase in boost with the tune will at least fix part of that.
The car honestly pulls harder at 110 than it does between 75 and 100.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the run!

Thanks for running with me, it will likely be one of the few times I will make a good showing against a 2.7 with my I4 without MANY more mods. My goal for the 2.0 this season was to at least hang with a sport.

it was nice meeting you and your wife. I dropped an email to you with the source files.

I will be lurking about but not posting much since I have the little 2L.

DA for this run according to Dragtimes.com was -208ft (100.61%). Cool temps but really high humidity (80% by the end of the night) while DA is a good number to track I think sometimes it does not tell the whole story.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just watched the video - and the tuned 2.0 fusion pulled harder off the line actually spun the tires a little- he uses both the livernois and has unleashed - told me not much difference - as to Jayson's comment above I totally agree it pulls harder after 90 then it does at 70 -
It was fun just racing - and this run shows a lot - He got me by 1/100 off tree and had a better 60ft and quicker ET to the 1/8 even tho I had higher 1/8 MPH - and were dead even at the 1000 ft----only reason I won was I had the HP to drive around him at the back end - My last run (posted above) which was my best was simply due to a better 60ft - For you guys who are not familiar with the concept - A rule of thumb is for every1/10 you take off of your 60ft you will be about 2/10th quicker in the 1/4 - Have fun stay safe!!!! Should have a lot more information after next Weds runs

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just watched the video - and the tuned 2.0 fusion pulled harder off the line actually spun the tires a little- he uses both the livernois and has unleashed - told me not much difference - as to Jayson's comment above I totally agree it pulls harder after 90 then it does at 70 -
It was fun just racing - and this run shows a lot - He got me by 1/100 off tree and had a better 60ft and quicker ET to the 1/8 even tho I had higher 1/8 MPH - and were dead even at the 1000 ft----only reason I won was I had the HP to drive around him at the back end - My last run (posted above) which was my best was simply due to a better 60ft - For you guys who are not familiar with the concept - A rule of thumb is for every1/10 you take off of your 60ft you will be about 2/10th quicker in the 1/4 - Have fun stay safe!!!! Should have a lot more information after next Weds runs
It was really fun!

I would agree, so far Livenois and Unleashed SCT, very similar in a lot of ways, it even shows in my logs though I think the Livenois tune pulls just as tad big harder on the 2-3 shift. Going to be running LMS next week switched from my Unleahshed tune right as I got home that night

My wife will be in the stands filming and I will be ecstatic to post a video of my car getting trashed by a 12sec Sport.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts