Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17' FFS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the drag strip on the 9th as probably my last time going this season. I managed to squeeze out a 13.7 e/t in the quarter mile. I'm happy I finally got the e/t all the car mags bragged about.

As a side note, I think I saw 2 Fusion sports while I was there. I know I met one of them but there was another who drove off before I could say hello.

If you were there drop your time below!

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Sounds like a fun night at the track any mods ?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Good on ya!
What were you up against that ran a 9.22 1/8th mile and a 13.44 1/4 mile? I’m assuming your track was as cool and slippery as ours here in Ohio that night. That’s when AWD and all-season tires are your secret weapon!

·
Registered
17' FFS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good on ya!
What were you up against that ran a 9.22 1/8th mile and a 13.44 1/4 mile? I’m assuming your track was as cool and slippery as ours here in Ohio that night. That’s when AWD and all-season tires are your secret weapon!
Believe it or not it was a challenger hellcat. Not sure if he just got it but he was having some serious traction issues. It only hooked towards the 1000' mark. Notice his speed at e/t lol.

It was a bit chilly at like 50 degrees so I feel like I had a good advantage with traction. Nothing funnier than seeing the look on the muscle car guy faces as I leave the line first lol.

·
Registered
485 Posts
That’s exactly what I thought you’d say! I don’t “win” races against those RWD monster-motor cars as often as the other guy “loses” because he red lights when he sees me leave so hard or breaks out trying to catch up in the top half. The past two weeks I’ve beaten more Hellcats, Mustangs, and home-built cars than ever because they just can’t hook up. Their times are all over the board. DOT drag radials don’t like under 60 degrees very much, and the track gets really tight around that temp as well. I’ve watched from the water box as a couple Hellcat Red Eyes get so sideways on the track I could see their front marker lights! I actually feel sorry for those guys in these conditions.
Keep racing, be as safe as you can be, and good luck!!

·
Registered
17' FFS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s exactly what I thought you’d say! I don’t “win” races against those RWD monster-motor cars as often as the other guy “loses” because he red lights when he sees me leave so hard or breaks out trying to catch up in the top half. The past two weeks I’ve beaten more Hellcats, Mustangs, and home-built cars than ever because they just can’t hook up. Their times are all over the board. DOT drag radials don’t like under 60 degrees very much, and the track gets really tight around that temp as well. I’ve watched from the water box as a couple Hellcat Red Eyes get so sideways on the track I could see their front marker lights! I actually feel sorry for those guys in these conditions.
Keep racing, be as safe as you can be, and good luck!!
Thanks!

I'd say about 50% of the time with newer chargers/challengers/mustangs I'll beat them in the 1/8th but that big horsepower catches up to me real quick after that.

·
Registered
485 Posts
“There’s no replacement for displacement” !!

Reactions: Brandon2G

·
Registered
191 Posts
I only got two runs in unfortunately. Aired down for the third but I think someone broke down on the track because I sat there waiting for 20min until the track was about to close anyways. Oh well, was really really hoping for a 13.5 😈

·
Registered
17' FFS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only got two runs in unfortunately. Aired down for the third but I think someone broke down on the track because I sat there waiting for 20min until the track was about to close anyways. Oh well, was really really hoping for a 13.5 😈
One of the import night cars blew something I think. They were pulling a car off with one of the front end loaders. I stayed in line until about 9:50 and then it started to sprinkle out so I got outta there. Only got 4 runs in myself. Wednesdays are better because less cars.

I think a 13.5 isn't unreachable. Just shaving off another couple tenths in r/t could get you there.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Reaction time does not change ET
It's just the time difference between when the light turns green and you move out of the stage beam.
60 foot time makes the difference

Nice runs guys!
Do we know the fastest stock FS time?

·
Registered
17' FFS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Someone allegedly ran a [email protected] stock.

My follow-up question is, what is considered stock? Is a car with weight reduction still stock? What about a car with lightweight wheels and sticky tires?

I'd say weight reduction definitely implies the car isn't stock. But wheels and tires is sort of a gray area for me lol.

·
Registered
17' FFS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reaction time does not change ET
It's just the time difference between when the light turns green and you move out of the stage beam.
60 foot time makes the difference

Nice runs guys!
Do we know the fastest stock FS time?
Forgive my ignorance with drag racing lol. Thanks for the solid info!

·
Registered
83 Posts
That was me that ran the 13.332. Had stock wheels and tires, my only weight reduction was spare tire and jack out of the trunk.

I got lucky with a super good DA and cool temps in late October in Canada. Probably averaged 13.8 for the season.

Reactions: Brandon2G and LeVeL
1 - 18 of 18 Posts