Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Navigation is so bad relative to what I can get on my iPhone. Times are off. Updates to the routes are few if any and the ability to find destinations is extremely poor.

According to Ford I have the latest version of the maps. Is there anything that can be done to make this experience better or should I just go the $100 Android phone/99 cent Sim card path and be done with it?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
No issue with mine. I drove 1300 miles to Florida

·
Registered
626 Posts
After IOS 10. apple maps is useless.
I will literally tell you to make a left turn and 2 miles down the road tell you to U turn when your pointed home.
Tried to use it several times and gave up and downloaded Google maps.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Navigation is so bad relative to what I can get on my iPhone. Times are off. Updates to the routes are few if any and the ability to find destinations is extremely poor.

According to Ford I have the latest version of the maps. Is there anything that can be done to make this experience better or should I just go the $100 Android phone/99 cent Sim card path and be done with it?
Moto G4 Play (when they're on sale for $100) + Freedompop LTE SIM. Just make sure when you do get the SIM, you downgrade your plan to the free plan because they automatically give you the higher trial. Also add some freedomfriends giving you 700MB total a month.

The issue with built in navigation traffic; some areas it's weak, some areas it works fine.

The only annoying part may be hands free bluetooth. Not sure if hands free will work on your iPhone when your Android phone is hooked up.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
I drive all over LA, TX, MS, OK, AL and AR and it has been accurate for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The main issues for me are the grossly over estimated trip times, lack of adjustment mid-trip based on changing conditions, the slow input recognition when entering an address via the screen and the % of times it can't find the simplest (for my iPhone anyway) POI's.

I do like the speed limit displayed and I do like the large screen and when it shows a split screen but that is it.

It is frustrating and I find myself using both and comparing them. I was SHOCKED when Ford confirmed I had the latest map data.

I may just revert to using car play all the time.

·
Super Moderator
1,290 Posts
Are or have you used the weather feature? I use it all the time down here. "Weather" get you forecast and "Weather Map" gets you radar. That in it's self was worth the price for the package for me with all the traveling I do for work.

POI's a hit and miss, my ETA's are usually close and the traffic rerouting feature has saved my butt a couple times.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are or have you used the weather feature? I use it all the time down here. "Weather" get you forecast and "Weather Map" gets you radar. That in it's self was worth the price for the package for me with all the traveling I do for work.

POI's a hit and miss, my ETA's are usually close and the traffic rerouting feature has saved my butt a couple times.

Yes, I have used the weather feature, it is cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts