Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took a couple days vacation and have been working on projects around the house. Yesterday just after lunch my wife called and she was very upset and said she wan't coming home. Calmly I asked why and she said a curbed a wheel and it's bad and I'm not coming home. I told her it's only a wheel and we can always get another one. It's ok you can come home. You would have thought she had killed my dog or something.

So my guy at the dealer says $866.00 and I have a $50 core charge. Ummm core charge? WTH? Yep ford wants their parts back something about aftermarket, design secrets yada yada. I laughed but still $866.00 is a bit steep if you ask me. I may try to sand it our a bit and color match it so it isn't so noticeable for now. Any idea what color these rims are? Ford site lists Tarnish Dark. Guess I'll be engaging my Google-Fu to see what I can find.

I'm also thinking about going aftermarket on a new set of wheels, selling my three OEM wheels to recoup some cash. I believe this has a couple advantages one it will be cheaper and easier to replace and second it gives me an opportunity to lighten up the unsprung weight. Unsprung weight is something many guys don't take into account when selecting wheels and tires. If you are building for performance I believe this is an easy way to get an advantage with a little home work.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,306 Posts
this may sound crazy but would it be possible, if it isn't to much trouble, to weigh one wheel. Looking to see what they weight of wheel is with out tire mounted.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Not a bad idea to get a nice new set of aftermarket wheels and sell off the other 3 as others have the same incident and eventually make your money back.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Too bad you could have bought @DaveE's wheels

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
80 Posts
So I took a couple days vacation and have been working on projects around the house. Yesterday just after lunch my wife called and she was very upset and said she wan't coming home. Calmly I asked why and she said a curbed a wheel and it's bad and I'm not coming home. I told her it's only a wheel and we can always get another one. It's ok you can come home. You would have thought she had killed my dog or something.

So my guy at the dealer says $866.00 and I have a $50 core charge. Ummm core charge? WTH? Yep ford wants their parts back something about aftermarket, design secrets yada yada. I laughed but still $866.00 is a bit steep if you ask me. I may try to sand it our a bit and color match it so it isn't so noticeable for now. Any idea what color these rims are? Ford site lists Tarnish Dark. Guess I'll be engaging my Google-Fu to see what I can find.

I'm also thinking about going aftermarket on a new set of wheels, selling my three OEM wheels to recoup some cash. I believe this has a couple advantages one it will be cheaper and easier to replace and second it gives me an opportunity to lighten up the unsprung weight. Unsprung weight is something many guys don't take into account when selecting wheels and tires. If you are building for performance I believe this is an easy way to get an advantage with a little home work.
You don't need a new wheel, that can be easily repaired.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts