Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally demodded my mustang so I went to my local dealer to test drive the only sport in my area. Needless to say, it wouldnt start and it went downhill from there.
Salesman says its from sitting and I tell him no cars battery should go dead from sitting and it must have the ACM issue. Of course he wasnt aware of the problem, but he reiterated it was from just sitting.
Now the test drive.
The car drove nice and it had better pick up than what I thought it would have. Wind noise was minimal with the roof open and the nav was nice. I did feel the hesitation of the transmission, but I think the tune will take care of it.
Now onto the fun part, pricing and it went south from there. They low balled me at 20k on my trade, then the salesman tried to tell me the MSRP of 36450 after rebates was dealer invoice. I told him no way and they had at least 2k to play with, then I showed him several cars online with the same options selling for 31k. After an exchange of words, I told him we were wasting each others times and I walked.
No Im not giving up and I plan to head to Illinois sat to look at another one.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Well, at least you liked the car overall and now just need to find someone who will deal with you.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Sorry to hear that you got a lame dealer! Definitely worth finding the right dealer and making a deal. What they were asking for was ridiculous! Especially considering the car didn't even start! LOL Keep trying...I got them to about $2-3k off MSRP with all the rebates at the time. I know it's a wide range, but it was 6 months ago and I have since chosen to forget how much I spent. :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Vert

At least you took at a step further than I have. There's a dealer right near me with 15 FFS's, and a couple of them built with exactly the options I crave. Unfortunately, My wife wants me to wait, I have 2 kids in college that we're paying for, and one graduates in June, so maybe for next winter. Like WC Birdie said, you just have to find the right car, and the right dealer, and you'll be cruising in a new FFS sooner than later!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I finally demodded my mustang so I went to my local dealer to test drive the only sport in my area. Needless to say, it wouldnt start and it went downhill from there.
Salesman says its from sitting and I tell him no cars battery should go dead from sitting and it must have the ACM issue. Of course he wasnt aware of the problem, but he reiterated it was from just sitting.
Now the test drive.
The car drove nice and it had better pick up than what I thought it would have. Wind noise was minimal with the roof open and the nav was nice. I did feel the hesitation of the transmission, but I think the tune will take care of it.
Now onto the fun part, pricing and it went south from there. They low balled me at 20k on my trade, then the salesman tried to tell me the MSRP of 36450 after rebates was dealer invoice. I told him no way and they had at least 2k to play with, then I showed him several cars online with the same options selling for 31k. After an exchange of words, I told him we were wasting each others times and I walked.
No Im not giving up and I plan to head to Illinois sat to look at another one.
Come buy from me! I don't any on the lot but I can get what you want and I'll sell it at invoice!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Vert, was this Mace? Cause those guys are the worst. They wouldn't work with me to order a car. Their service department has always been a dick to me as well. Last year they tried to charge me a fee for a radiator they mistakenly ordered when I asked them to order me a thermostat and underbody shield.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Vert

At least you took at a step further than I have. There's a dealer right near me with 15 FFS's, and a couple of them built with exactly the options I crave. Unfortunately, My wife wants me to wait, I have 2 kids in college that we're paying for, and one graduates in June, so maybe for next winter. Like WC Birdie said, you just have to find the right car, and the right dealer, and you'll be cruising in a new FFS sooner than later!
My goal is to have it before summer so I can do mods this spring.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vert, was this Mace? Cause those guys are the worst. They wouldn't work with me to order a car. Their service department has always been a dick to me as well. Last year they tried to charge me a fee for a radiator they mistakenly ordered when I asked them to order me a thermostat and underbody shield.
Heck yes. Im not sure how they stay open. I heard they were bad, but geez it was so ridiculous I was chuckling.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Heck yes. I'm not sure how they stay open. I heard they were bad, but geez it was so ridiculous I was chuckling.
Just imagine being a 22-year-old trying to buy a 35k+ car. They were not interested in taking me seriously.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Just imagine being a 22-year-old trying to buy a 35k+ car. They were not interested in taking me seriously.
id take connor up on his offer of selling it for invoice thats a really really good price to get and not have to haggle. Sure people have gotten it for less but not having to haggle is everything in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know it frustrates you especially when you're a serious buyer, but oh well. I'll spend my money elsewhere and once I buy one, I plan on driving through the lot honking my horn as I wave with one finger. Lol

·
Registered
402 Posts
Where in Illinois? The dealership I went to was amazing (Naperville). If it's close enough to you, I would recommend Fair Oaks Ford. Although I would contact them first by email.

I didn't live near the dealership so I did everything by email. Craig responded with a detailed price break down. I picked all the dealer incentives I was eligible for and he returned a price that was invoice-$500-all the dealer incentives I selected. It ended up being 2.5k under invoice with 0% APR. This was the first price he gave me. There really was no negotiation necessary. On the day I took delivery I just showed up and signed papers. In and out in under an hour. Even better, they didn't try to sell me a bunch more stuff in the finance department. They asked about extended warranty, I said no, they said ok and that was it.

I shopped around (just a little bit) at dealers closer to me and no one would touch that price. It was kind of funny how they would still try to "negotiate" with me even though I had a lower price in my hand that they wouldn't match.

I can give you my contact I had if you are interested.

Reactions: 1153

·
Registered
165 Posts
Vert

Sounds like waiting until the summer or even longer is the right thing to do. By that time, hopefully they have most of the bugs worked out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The dealerships around here that try that crap are the ones that are too small of an operation to take a loss just to move inventory. Either that, or they're just staffed full of typical unprofessional d bags.

My dealership does TrueCar, USAA, et al and are more concerned with volume (with the notable exception of Raptors and Shelbys, of course). I've seen some customers get a better deal than my D Plan, which kind of infuriates me, but it's units that drive the car biz.

The funny thing is, I have six FFSs in stock and I can't tell you the last time someone came in specifically asking for one.

The one thing I will say in that dealer's defense is that older body style Mustangs - with the exception of Boss 302s and GT500s - don't hold their value very well (at least not in my neck of the woods). That being said, if they were trying to sell you their car at MSRP and give you at/under market value for your Stang...that's not cool.

Lastly, I did have the dreaded battery issue with my car. My battery was replaced over a month ago and my issues haven't returned. Perhaps some cars came with defective batteries?

Good luck with your search. I hope the next dealer gives you a more enjoyable experience. Doesn't sound like it could get any worse!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does anyone know(Mr. E) WHY Ford is not advertising the Sport?? They show you pictures of it in their commercials but don't say ANYTHING about it or what it is. The only American mfg I see advertising performance cars is Dodge. Am I correct??

·
Registered
88 Posts
Does anyone know(Mr. E) WHY Ford is not advertising the Sport?? They show you pictures of it in their commercials but don't say ANYTHING about it or what it is. The only American mfg I see advertising performance cars is Dodge. Am I correct??
In light of the fact that Ford is going out of its way to advertise all the other high performance models either already available or promised by 2020 (GT, GT350, Raptor, Focus RS, etc.) I have absolutely no idea why their plans don't include the FS. Your guess is as good as mine.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You know Im happy with that and they can advertise the sport all they want once I find one. Lol

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes I agree, but once you get that itch, its hard not to scratch it.
I totally get that Vert, I really do. I hope you get it ASAP, and everything works out. I want to scratch my itch too, but my wife has my arms handcuffed behind my back!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts