Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outside today and decided to take a snap of the car. Was snowing constant but weather was warm enough that it was melting as soon as it dropped on the car.

The last couple of weeks have been enjoyable driving. Here in Toronto the air temp has been consistently between 0 and -5C. The car loves this temperature. It's cold enough that it delivers full power with the intercooler kept cool, but warm enough for the snow's to be soft and grippy. The car is stock, and with this amount of fun, I can see why folks get a bigger FMIC and tune for all year round fun.

The car's a rocket and accelerates very quickly from any speed. Have found myself enjoying the response a little too much at times, and having to keep a closer eye on the needle to keep things in check.

On a private road in Mexico, found myself touching 115 (let's say in kph for the purposes of a public post) during an overtake. Not a normal occurence for me on "private" roads, it just powered up so quickly and effortlessly. Lifted off and got back to cruising speed PDQ, but still.

Thought I'd share. I love my Sport (albeit I have rebadged to XR6). It's one the best all round cars on the road. Comfortable, peppy and IMHO, one of the more capable AWDs (including SUVs) on the road. I used to get annoyed when people tried to put in the same class as an Audi or a Merc. Okay it's not as refined and is behind in most categories you'd want to compare, but after nearly 3 years of ownership, I'm not so sure it's that far behind. The FFS has character and uniquness with its rough edges and quirks. I'm not so sure the Germans would give me the same sense of connection to their cars.

Keep on rolling and enjoy it while you can.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have no idea why the photo is upside down, or how to correct it. Sorry.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Great post - totally agree. I've been in some pretty nasty weather in the Colorado Rockies and the car handled as well or better than anything I've owned. I'm all stock and don't even switch to winter tires. I guess I'm coming up on 3 years and I do love my Sport!

Reactions: Fozzy

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Stock I find that they are unbearingly slow. I drove my dad's bone stock 2017 FSport after having only driven my tuned Fusion Sport, and it was a night and day difference. The FMIC isn't really needed for the street. I have yet to see anyone post extraordinarily fast times between the stock FMIC and aftermarket with the same tune on the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have no idea why the photo is upside down, or how to correct it. Sorry.
It's weird but I immediately thought of an Audi/BMW and this.

Charlie: You were in a 4G inverted dive with a Mig 28?
Maverick: Yes, ma'am.
Charlie: At what range?
Maverick: Um, about two meters.
Goose: It was actually about one and a half I think. It was one and a half. I've got a great Polaroid of it, and he's right there, must be one and a half.
Maverick: It was a nice picture.
Goose: Thanks.
Charlie: Eh, lieutenant, what were you doing there?
Goose: Communicating.
Maverick: Communicating. Keeping up foreign relations. You know, giving him the bird?
Goose: [Extending his middle finger] You know, the finger!

Reactions: Fozzy

·
Registered
72 Posts
Stock I find that they are unbearingly slow. I drove my dad's bone stock 2017 FSport after having only driven my tuned Fusion Sport, and it was a night and day difference. The FMIC isn't really needed for the street. I have yet to see anyone post extraordinarily fast times between the stock FMIC and aftermarket with the same tune on the 1/4 mile.

@metroplex - I have yet to get a solid answer about upgrading the FMIC. I don't track my car, nor do I plan to so 1/4 mile times don't matter to me. My mods are Unleashed 93 tune, Steeda CAI and STB, and JLT oil separator. I was looking into a CPe FMIC but there are just as many reports of "upgraded FMIC and the car is so much better" as there are "disappointed about the FMIC upgrade". It's an expensive upgrade, that seems to only benefit if you're running the car hard for an extended period of time where temperatures rise. Someone convince me otherwise?...

·
Registered
612 Posts
I've been saying that since the FMIC's came out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
still a cool pic though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts