Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my 2014 ford focus from Virginia Beach back to the New York dealership where I Leased it from... was praying the entire way that the horrendous transmission that had haunted me for the previous three years, along with all the other problems that are popped up their heads would stay at bay for my 400+ mile trip to drop it off so that it could become somebody else's problem... to my excitement we made it in our normal six our time with 42 mile per gallon, the cars only saving grace being it's gas mileage... showed up at the dealership stripped everything out of the white focus Id hope to never see again... dropped it off with 38 miles to empty and the needle and at the E... because i'm not giving them back a gallon of gas more than I can help, I would take in the wiper blades off if I could have... walking to the Lincoln show room because the Long Island dealership I am doing this at is just that way... after about a half hour of signing 20 different lines just to say that I'd be willing to pay them for the car, I get to go outside... AND WOW!!!!!! :D
I was blown away... the red OMG the red, will be worth every ticket I get because of it 馃殫... ZERO factory installed swirl marks!!! I have picked up 5 new cars from dealerships before, Porsche, Mercedes, and other fords... I have never had a car I COULDNT find a paint imperfection... until now... most definitely going to cover it nose to tail and paint protection film... will be worth every penny... sat there looking it over astonished at how beautiful it was, it was more beautiful than I thought it would be, by far... then I got in it... coming from a Ford Focus from 2014 I had become a custom to all of The actions of my vehicle to sound vaguely like a mass produced Cold war era communist vehicle... a hard click with the door handle, A thwomp when I close the door, A ticking and a clicking soon as I start the engine, The inevitable question from my passenger of why I haven't unlocked their door, for me to then tell them that it is unlocked you just have to push it with your shoulder to get out because you know it's a Ford... so when I pulled on my door handle to feel the car unlocked itself and then gently let me in in a way I've only felt high-end vehicles before ... let's just say I was shocked them I close the car door and it gently shuts behind me... and I am enveloped in an interior wayyy nicer than I could have imagined... to those of you who have not read my previous thread I ordered my 2017 fusion sport without ever sitting in One or driving one so this was all very new to me... I go to start the vehicle I'm pushing my start stop button then sit there wondering if the car is because I cannot hear anything ... quiet would be an understatement... I get out of the Vehicle because I remember reading in a thread on this forum that our windshield is stupid expensive to replace in comparison to a normal windshield because it's too thin pieces with noise canceling plastic in between... lo and behold I see what looks like two pieces of glass with a thick piece of noise canceling plastic in between when I get out of the driver side and look at the top corner of my windshield Perchard slightly away from the body as it be normal with any vehicle... just enough for me to see this miracle that makes the inside of my car like a recording booth at a cheap Brooklyn studio... as I go over the million different features that I want to customize and tweak, I do something I've been waiting to do for a while plug in my phone and do that android auto... OK Google, you are my only friend... you don't disappoint me... I notice my girlfriend staring me square in the face because I have been unknowingly ignoring her for something along the lines of 45 minutes now... I glossed over look comes on her face reminiscent of one of the scenes in the shining... I just can't put my finger on which one... I start realizing that I'm asking the wrong questions, I stop and say honey would you like to check it out?... I look says it all... I go back to what I'm doing... >:) .....
To be continued later with part two

Registered
Nice.

It truly is a very quiet car for the class. I love the laminated sound screen front side windows too. They cut out so much wind noise on the highway, I now have a hard time riding in vehicles that don't have similar glass.

Reactions: cockerdogs
1 - 4 of 4 Posts