Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and salutations, my name is Tom, and here is my brand-new Fusion Sport alongside the 2014 SHO I traded it for:

This is my fourth Ecoboost V6-powered vehicle, and my first 2.7. Previously had a 2011 F-150, and my wife has a 2015 Expedition, then there was the SHO. It was a good car, had the factory performance package and a tune from Torrie at Unleashed. But I was starting to have a few issues with it, I was never happy with the ride quality (I'm an old guy), and I wished it had a sunroof. So, all of those problems have been fixed! :)

Unlike the SHO, the Fusion is staying stock, I actually sprang for the extended warranty, which I rarely do. I may do some minor appearance mods like blacking out the chrome, but for the most part, the plan is to drive it, maintain it, and polish it, since I also enjoy detailing. I have, however, already ordered a Proclip and some Husky mats.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Nice color and good choice on the mats.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Congrats and welcome! I got a Proclip too - love it and love the car!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Congrats. Would love to hear your comparisons from SHO to Sport after a month of driving. I was tempted by the bigger car but the look of the trunk kept putting me off. Didn't get much of a feel that the interior was any bigger on the Tarus either.

You'll find it a very good touring car if that's your thing.

Put my Huskies in last winter and they stayed in. Washing down the plastic a lot easier than keeping up with the vacuuming and shampooing of the Sport mats. I had the dealer throw in the Ford winter mats and they lasted about a month before splitting. Couldn't handle the cold. Whiskies have been flawless.

Happy motoring.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I never noticed they interrupted the chrome strip on the trunk lid for 2019. I like that much more than the full strip. Looks good!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congrats. Curious - trunk lid have a molded/plastic “grab” handle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts