Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_20210429_183036368.jpg

Someone decided to mod the front right side of my car above the front passenger tire and then leave without telling me. Yay! I love living in multifamily housing.

:mad:

Oh and yes that's pollen all over my car. If you live in the South that's what it looks like in pollen season. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport, 401A, Driver Assistance Package ; 1999 Expedition 5.4 4x4
252 Posts
Awe man, that's really rough. Is there a possibility of putting a camera in your bay to watch over the car? Might save you some headaches in the future.

·
Registered
545 Posts
That,s a crock, but if it makes you feel better. Happens more than people know, we get this story about once a month I bet. Parking lot damage is the biggest deal around here though I think, people cant back up and don't know how far back their bumper is from where they're sitting in the car. Back up cameras have helped a lot with it, but you still get a few that don't have them and it shows.

·
Registered
588 Posts
So sorry to hear that Engineer!
I got my right rear reflector and trim smashed in a hotel parking lot by a luggage cart. It was pouring rain, and I saw the group struggling with the cart as I went inside. Next morning, I come out to see the damage and they’re long gone. I agree with Hootushead; people suck.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hi engineer. Jeez...sorry. Far too many dishonest/disrespectful people nowadays. I understand how you feel.

Good luck with the repairs.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry to see this. At least you know to look for a white SUV with a black mark on the passenger side rear bumper.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Eng, I don't care for those multi-dwelling facilities either for that very reason. I've got a few scrapes on mine as well....I was just going to let them pile up & get them fixed all at once. I see your wound is a bit more obvious than mine are. I'm confident you take pride in your ride. I know it's too late for this one, but I think Dark Angel mentioned a camera. I've been researching some dash-cams & I believe there's a couple that activate if there's any motion by your vehicle.....sorry for the hurt on your ride...

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport Ecoboost AWD
42 Posts
View attachment 28069

Someone decided to mod the front right side of my car above the front passenger tire and then leave without telling me. Yay! I love living in multifamily housing.

:mad:

Oh and yes that's pollen all over my car. If you live in the South that's what it looks like in pollen season. :ROFLMAO:
Engineer:

Sorry you had this "experience". Hopefully, your insurance will cover a little bit of the cost, although since it was a "hit and run" in a private lot, not on a public right-of-way, it won't be much. Check for a paint-less dent removal service in your area. I had an experience with one on a Subaru, new from the dealership? They got them out without even a paint touchup. I couldn't see any discoloration, etc.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody for the well wishes and advice :) I'll let you know how it turns out. I suspect, as some have suggested, that it'll probably be a deal where I'll just have to pay for it and get it fixed. I was actually thinking of just living with it (as someone else mentioned they were considering) but I don't want rust to set in or anything. Ultimately we'll eventually be getting a house probably so the parking situation will get better some day. Just not for a while. So I just need this thing to hold together without too much more damage until I can get it a nice safe garage where only my wife and I park. :cool:

Anyway thanks for the kind words everyone!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hi Engineer. Is there a reason you do not want to use the Collision Coverage of your insurance policy to have it repaired? What is your Collision deductible?

Keep us updated, and good luck with whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Engineer. Is there a reason you do not want to use the Collision Coverage of your insurance policy to have it repaired? What is your Collision deductible?

Keep us updated, and good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Hi @bbf2530 , I guess I was just thinking that would raise my rates. We have very good insurance though, so maybe I should give them a little credit. We'll see. I need to consider my options.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts