Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part 3 of M.E.N.T.A.L.B.T.W
THE "S" AFFAIR

I have so many preconceive notion's of what might happen... all of them unsubstantiated by my own eyes and ears and butt dyno... I have never even sat in this vehicle before today, let alone do I have any idea how "fast" fast is supposed to be... and if I don't know that how can I judge this... at this point I realize I have no baseline to work from... no experience to go by... The most modern "fun" car I have owned was 17 years older than this one and luxury and comfort weren't anything on the list during design, engineering or production... "it feels so slow"... I look down, we are not going slow... darn you noise canceling, **** you sound deadening glass, you are not allowing me any sense of speed... I open a window... "**** it, just wind noise"...
"What are you trying to do?"
I realize once again that I am not alone in the vehicle and have exceeded my allotted time frame allowed for my self monologue before I start to look crazy...
I contemplate trying to explain to her the scenario going on in my head of trying to figure out how powerful our 30 some odd mile car we picked up about five minutes ago is... I decided that's probably not a good idea... I manage the words "trying to get comfortable"... yeah that seemed like a legitimate reason for my fidgeting and general erratic behavior... good job
I still can't feel a difference... A difference from what you idiot... you have been driving it for less than five minutes how do you think you would notice a difference stopping stupid... any other time I've pressed an "S" or "sport" button I have had an audible signal from the exhaust that there has been a change made I have awoken something... almost like you have forced your vehicle through puberty and into adulthood for full power... but this exhaust is silent, and the car is too comfortable to feel a suspension change... especially after driving it for only five minutes... I stare... my glowing "S" indicated not once not twice but in three different places, twice on the dash and once on the transmission knob... like a 13-year-old boy whose girlfriend takes her pants off in front of him, I realized I had no idea what to do with it... just like in the matter earlier I stare at it for a few more seconds before I decide that I prematurely put myself in a situation I was not ready for, not prepared for, And if I continue doing this I was just gonna make myself look stupid. So I reach down, like a good boy and a smart man, and press that "S" button again... ending my short affair with my Sport mode... for now...

To be continued ...

Next time on M.E.N.T.A.L.B.T.W Part 4: The "WHY" Syndrome

"I don't understand why is it fogging up so quickly?!?"
"Why are you programming your seat for number one?!?, you know I prefer even numbers"
"Why does it take so long for the air-conditioning to come on?!?"
"Wait... Why do we need to put premium fuel in it?!?"
All coming up on the next riveting episode of M.E.N.T.A.L.B.T.W. :eek:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will keep trying improve the writing to make it easier to read not just easier to write...
Thank you guys for the feed back

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
I can tell you're more sober each installment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts