Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I go back to my glowing screens of possibilities... they entice me with a plethora of options and gadgets to utilize... not knowing where to start, like a deer in the headlights I try to prioritize what I'm doing... I start to feel anxious ��... "to many things not enough time"... you have been watching a never ending steam of tutorials and reviews in preparation for this very moment and just like a nervous high school kid taking the SAT, you forget everything you have learned and drilled for 4 months... "remember your training!" Darn it! Now I'm just trying to motivate my self with start wars lines!! Get your stuff together Chris! By now my inner monologue has far exceeded normal pause time and I'm and starting to look alarmingly unstable as I delve deeper into the rabbit hole that is the sport... I break away and make the decision to set my seating position and mirrors, the only thing I can muster from my memories of drivers ed during senior year summer school (don't ask)... Cheri my wife says to me, "let me drive it back to the house"... I try to comprehend a scenario where that would be an option in my tiny obsession driven little mind... I come up blank... "I want you to get comfortable driving it somewhere safe first", is all I can get out of my gullet that makes sense... she protests for a little but i logic her with fact... much faster, much bigger, are not use to the dimensions, very expensive, we are on a main road of main roads (Jericho turnpike on Long Island)... she gives up with the promise of driving it later... I realize the time... I have been stuck in new car psychosis for far too long and accomplished nothing... guy from the dealership drives by, gives me the standard sales man "great color"... I am busy... maybe slightly rude... can't remember... said "thanks"... what are you doing Chris go!... you have been waiting to drive this car you bought without test driving for 4 months and your still in the Lincoln parking lot!... but you can't recall how to best set up the car... darn the plan man! Go!... I convince myself... I release the parking brake, spin my dial to R and see our beautiful backup system... amazing! The D... pull out onto Jericho turnpike and give it a little gas to catch up to the 50 mph traffic on a Monday in NY... I have never heard anything so smooth or quiet in a $42,000 vehicle... then I realized its this quiet in the $32,000 trim and am blown away... and the stereo, oh wow... stock for me has never sounded soooo good... I'm overwhelmed... and then, with 32 miles on the car, against all prior planning, and against better judgment, with a tank of dealer 89... I HIT THE S...

TO BE CONTINUED...

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR! I SAID GOOD DAY! :|

·
Registered
481 Posts
i love these witty reviews ur writing!

Reactions: Cobra427

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i love these witty reviews ur writing!
It is going to be a MANY part series concerning the moral dilemmas I face with this new car that I love so much, and the utter absurdity that is my decision making process... as long as I keep driving it, I keep loving it, and I keep breaking it I will keep writing about it... thanks for appreciating it good to know I'm not just writing them for myself LOL :D

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Wait. Did you have your girlfriend and your wife both there when you picked up the car?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wait. Did you have your girlfriend and your wife both there when you picked up the car?
Good catch!!! She was my girlfriend on the way to NY to pick up the car and when we picked up the car... but we got married the next day... :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Good catch!!! She was my girlfriend on the way to NY to pick up the car and when we picked up the car... but we got married the next day... :laugh:
Lol. Nice. I guess a double congrats are in order then!

Reactions: Cobra427
1 - 6 of 6 Posts