Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
My sport also struggles with this cold we've been having but still hasn't failed to start on me. Although it does sound VERY unhappy after a -40 start.

·
Premium Member
2017 Fusion Sport Ecoboost AWD
33 Posts
I live in C-U Illinois which is in the flat lands of the mid west (lots of wind). When I bought my current condo I insisted on a 2 car garage (some realtors try to sell you on just a parking space). I told my realtor minimum detached garage. No attached garage condos were available at that time, so a detached 2 car it was. Garage is always closed and locked, and the car is always locked as well.

I try to get out to the car at least once a day to start it with the overhead door open of course. Now we are facing winter storm Uri Monday night through midday Tuesday. It has been below zero wind chill for a week. I replaced the factory battery last fall when it began rughing on start up in just cool weather. Thus far it hasn't failed to start.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My sport also struggles with this cold we've been having but still hasn't failed to start on me. Although it does sound VERY unhappy after a -40 start.
Your car started at -40 straight temperature with no plug-in? I would be very Happy about that.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's more about sitting for several days that did it in. The longer a car sits in the cold, the more every system resists starting. That's one advantage a carb had over EFI though. I had a '70s F150 with a big V8 and if that motor would turn ,at all, it would start.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts