Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I drove my friend's 2018 Mustang EcoBoost and I was not impressed compared to my 18 FS. It is nowhere near as comfortable and I like the sound of the 2.7L much more.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I drove my friend's 2018 Mustang EcoBoost and I was not impressed compared to my 18 FS. It is nowhere near as comfortable and I like the sound of the 2.7L much more.
But the sound of the FS is fake, but yes definitely more comfortable.

·
Registered
230 Posts
What most people don't know about the KIA Stinger is that most of the design and engineering team of the Stinger came from BMW M-series team. So for a first off high performance car from KIA it's pretty good. Of course there still is room for improvement, but that can be said for every other car on the road today. Just some food for thought!!. Enjoy....lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
My first reaction to someone who would buy an EB Mustang would be along the lines of, "what's the matter, couldn't you afford a V8?!" I'm sorry, but a Mustang has to have a V8...

·
Registered
16 Posts
My first reaction to someone who would buy an EB Mustang would be along the lines of, "what's the matter, couldn't you afford a V8?!" I'm sorry, but a Mustang has to have a V8...
I wouldn't go as far to say that because the argument against us would be "What's the matter, couldn't you afford a Mustang?" Lol

Some of the EB Mustangs are pushing very good horsepower numbers *Shrug*

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I wouldn't go as far to say that because the argument against us would be "What's the matter, couldn't you afford a Mustang?" Lol

Some of the EB Mustangs are pushing very good horsepower numbers *Shrug*
Yeah, the EB stang is the better balanced car over the GT, except for the PP2, which uses
drastically different settings for magnaride, stability, etc....

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I wish they would put the 3.5EB in the Mustang. That would be a good time!
I wish they had put the 3.5 EB in the Fusion
That'd be a tight squeeze! Probably require the engine be removed to change the air filter! LOL!
Adding the 3.5EB would've likely rocketed the price to MKZ TT 3.0 levels (they start at 46k, 12k more than '17/18 FS, 6k more than '19 FS).

Yeah, the EB stang is the better balanced car over the GT, except for the PP2, which uses
drastically different settings for magnaride, stability, etc....
2018 non-PP2 5.0 vs EB Stang (att'd pic, C&D)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Does not show "balance", you can't really measure that.

It's just like my AWD SE with crappy 87$ Goodyears and only a rear swaybar
had much better balance and handled better than my Sport stock.
A lot slower, but it actually didn't understeer once rear bar was in
(hard to make up for that 300+ lbs, most of it on front end of fusion and stang).

Anyway, I had read the non PP 18 stang handles as good as the 15-17 PP, so
it's about time Ford stepped up a little on their premier perf car.

I drove a base auto GT a couple years back 2016 I think) and it handled and road like
crap vs my AWD SE fusion. That's when I stopped looking to upgrade my stang
from the 14 I have.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Does not show "balance", you can't really measure that.
Shows more than just subjective feelings, something measurable and backed up by data.

In any case, unless one is a professional race car driver ... the whole "balance" question becomes rather moot.

I drove a base auto GT a couple years back 2016 I think) and it handled and road like crap vs my AWD SE fusion. That's when I stopped looking to upgrade my stang from the 14 I have.
I had a new 12 GT, 13 GT and 16 GT. The solid axle cars didn't come close to the ride/handling quality of the IRS car.

That's why Ford updated them, and it shows.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Adding the 3.5EB would've likely rocketed the price to MKZ TT 3.0 levels (they start at 46k, 12k more than '17/18 FS, 6k more than '19 FS).

I don't think it would have aded that much of a cost difference. When you go and build an F150, the difference between the 2.7 and 3.5 EB engines is $1900 - I would have gladly paid an extra $1900 for that power difference.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I don't think it would have aded that much of a cost difference. When you go and build an F150, the difference between the 2.7 and 3.5 EB engines is $1900 - I would have gladly paid an extra $1900 for that power difference.
Ford Fusion Sales Numbers Through July 2018: 97,800
Ford F-Series Sales Numbers Through July 2018: 522,087

Ford Fusion Sales Numbers Ending 2017: 209,623
Ford F-Series Sales Numbers Ending 2017: 896,764

I'm thinking production costs for a 3.5 EB in the proportionately lower selling Fusion (including mandatory drive line upgrades, etc.) would've been $3,000-$4,000.

Nobody would've bought it for that kind of money, ergo the Taurus SHO.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The 3.5 doesn't fit the fusion engine bay. I remember reading an article where an engineer was being interviewed. He said the engine and transmission are long enough that prevented this as an option for the fusion from the get go.

I find it interesting though that Ford limited themselves just to 2 engine specs. I thought that they may have added the 3.5 to it, particularly for export. V8's are becoming increasingly scarcer outside North America.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts