Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Different, but similar cars. Interesting ...

2018 Ford Mustang Coupe (EcoBoost)
2018 Ford Mustang EcoBoost First Test: Chip On Its Shoulder - Motor Trend
Base Price $26,485 / As Tested $39,880
2.3L/310-hp/350-lb-ft
10-speed automatic
WEIGHT 3,709 lb

0-60: 5.3 sec
Quarter Mile: 13.9 sec @ 97.2 mph

-------------------------------------------------

2017 Ford Fusion Sport EcoBoost AWD

2017 Ford Fusion Sport EcoBoost AWD First Test - Motor Trend
Base Price $34,350 / As Tested $40,995
2.7L/325-hp/380-lb-ft
6-speed automatic

0-60: 5.3 sec
Quarter Mile: 13.9 sec @ 97.7 mph

·
Registered
161 Posts
500 lbs lighter and a 10 speed tranny. Makes sense, but most of us are buying these cars cause they are 4 door family cars.
Did I miss something? I didn't know our FS weigh 4200+lbs and I thought we were faster than a 13.9 stock? So we cost the same, are faster, and have 4 doors and AWD. I'll stick to the FS all day.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Did I miss something? I didn't know our FS weigh 4200+lbs and I thought we were faster than a 13.9 stock? So we cost the same, are faster, and have 4 doors and AWD. I'll stick to the FS all day.
Yeah, another misleading test results.
Sport does 13.6/13.7 and 5.1 to 5.0 0-60.
I think the mustang has impressive times with the 4 banger and RWD.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The fusion sport is still the best and most set on sleeping money can buy fact... for $30K its a better value that everything. and it looks great

PS.... how come the KIA stinger isn't selling?

·
Registered
388 Posts
The fusion sport is still the best and most set on sleeping money can buy fact... for $30K its a better value that everything. and it looks great

PS.... how come the KIA stinger isn't selling?
Cause it's $50k and has those 3 letters emblazoned everywhere on the car

If the stinger drops to FS price territory, I might consider trading in for one (a RWD one).

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Pretty nice package to get into for cheap.
Just get the base with 10A and you could
get low to mid 20's I bet.

That said, probaly rains (or snows) about 30%
of the time here. No FWD/RWD is going to be able
pull out in fast traffic (even roads marked 50, but
eveyrone doing 60) like an AWD. And at today's power
levels of many cars, even dry pavement is a crap shoot
for a lot of non AWD's.

Will never get anything but an AWD DD again, unless
I move to some super dry state.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
500 lbs lighter and a 10 speed tranny. Makes sense, but most of us are buying these cars cause they are 4 door family cars.
I got it because it snows where I live and wanted a hi-perf AWD vehicle.

Previously had an SHO, but it was too big for my needs (ran 13.79 bone stock with it).

My S550 Mustang GT was great looking and fun, but didn't want to bother with a Winter car so FS it is.

Yeah, another misleading test results..
Yeah, sure.

lol

The fusion sport is still the best and most set on sleeping money can buy fact... for $30K its a better value that everything. and it looks great ...
Got mine new for $26.9k, incredible value for the price.

... Will never get anything but an AWD DD again, unless I move to some super dry state.
Yup.

I drove most of my Mustang GT's through the Winter, but it's certainly not the best option.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I drove most of my Mustang GT's through the Winter, but it's certainly not the best option.
Drove my '08 Shelby CS8 from Vegas to St. George in winter. Had 275 Nitto NT-05's on the car. Going through Cedar City on I15, I did a slow motion 720 spin without hitting anything (I've got lots of track time). Managed to get off the highway and stayed in a hotel over night. Never drove that car to Utah again. ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Drove my '08 Shelby CS8 from Vegas to St. George in winter. Had 275 Nitto NT-05's on the car. Going through Cedar City on I15, I did a slow motion 720 spin without hitting anything (I've got lots of track time). Managed to get off the highway and stayed in a hotel over night. Never drove that car to Utah again. ;)
Whoa, can't believe you did that on those tires!

Way back when, I remembered picking up a date from a nearby town.

I went there in Winter with my used 1969 Mach 1 390 S Code ... on Parnelli Jones tires! (whatever they are, lol)

Drove all over, brought her home, then drove home. To this day, I don't know how I did it. :eek:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sorry, if I'm going to have a Mustang sitting in my driveway, it's gotta have a V8, end of story...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry, if I'm going to have a Mustang sitting in my driveway, it's gotta have a V8, end of story...
Exactly why I didn't buy it. I've had 3 Mustangs; '90 Fox body, '03 Mach 1 and an '08 California Special... all V8's. When I drove the EB Mustang, it was quick, and the stick with RWD would have been much more fun than the FS. I just couldn't wrap my head around not hearing that burbling exhaust note on decel as I rev matched my downshifts. I just couldn't do it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The mustang is not the competition. Mid sized 4dr sedans would be the competition. Plus the 2.3 has been blowing head gaskets in the rs by 20k. With the head off you can see there is very little cylinder wall to create a seal. Poor design they are trying to save with a new gasket. I could have gotten an rs at invoice since the dealership I was at had 8 or 9 2017s. One had a hold ticket on it for 3 weeks. I paid 29 for a 2018 FS that was still in transit from the factory so a great value indeed. I only got one because of the incentives and lagging car sales. My focus st was 4 yrs old and had 30,007 miles when I traded it in. Paid 19 and got 14 on trade. I like the convenience of a 4 door having kids and friends lol. There really is no competition in the segment honestly. Stinger is a lot bigger bmw 3 series smaller a3 smaller vw gli smaller accord and Camry fwd not awd. Is this the greatest car ever? No but it’s fun practical and didn’t break the bank. Cars are not an investment they are a loss. You will lose money unless you get a Ferrari or something along those lines that does hold its value. With a tune this is a pretty fast car and at the under 30k that many of us have paid it’s a value and the loss is already paid for. Mustang in an automatic no thanks lol.

·
Registered
81 Posts
A reason why I will look into the ecoboost mustang after my lease is up is because I could get some ford performance parts and still hold a warranty. And right now it’s just me and the gf so won’t need four doors after the lease. With the ford tune, the mustang will provide plenty of power for everyday use.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts