Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
You might gain some flow, but that would all depend on whether you have stock down pipes or not. Not sure how much of a restriction the stock water tank is versus straight pipes or the Borla, which I have. Gonna hang out tonight and put it on if the alignment rack is not occupied.

Reactions: MY27FUSION

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I should test with the stock downpipes as most of the members are still stock downpipes

Reactions: Shawnski

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
My vote is for the stock suitcase muffler to not be restrictive. The downpipes could be worth a few lb/min if going catless.

I'm still interested nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I am currently with out any kind of tune so should be interesting

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Installed the MRT exhaust this morning sounds much better then the turn downs I had , I dislike the look of the u-bolt clamps time to find some butt joint clamps

·
Registered
537 Posts
I,m not happy with the Borla, have feeling the stock muffler is going back on it soon as I get a couple band clamps for it.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
yes more info please

·
Registered
537 Posts
Well it's a bit to loud for my liking, and has a unusual sound to it. I could fix it with a couple mufflers ahead of it I,m sure, but I would be better off just picking up a couple clamps and putting the stock thing back on and trying to recoup some of the money spent on the Borla .

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
MRT.jpg

Reactions: Skipe

·
Registered
537 Posts
Looks nice, oh and nice Hunter lift, LOL. I,ve got one too at work that I use for just about everything besides alignments, LOL. Any ways I have idea for my Borla axle back, I think I'm gonna buy a Magna Flow X pipe, and a dual 2.25 in/out muffler to go behind that. Big thing will be if I can fit a 9 inch wide muffler under there and not hit the drive shaft also. Soon as I can get mine up on the lift, I'll do some measuring see what I can do in the space I have to work with.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Oh, and yeah, get some band clamps. I hate those old school U bolt clamps, if you ever want to change something, good luck getting the pipe apart.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
That is our alignment rack lol I use it for everything

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Got a right control arm and outer tie rod end this morning, someone must have hit a good size pot hole. Drove the arm back about a half inch, took a bunch of caster out of it. It's all fixed now, get back from lunch I'll take it for a quick drive and se how it drives now.

Reactions: MY27FUSION
41 - 55 of 55 Posts