Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have watched the video, I guess that the video is a WOT run, I like the note best of all that I have heard so far. The install looks very clean. I personally do not mind a loud exhaust when one "gets on it", but I doubt anyone drives around all day doing WOT starts. Mainly curious with every day driving what is the noise level. Like what is the noise level cruising with CC on 65mph? Or just normal start and stop driving.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, read the threads, saw the video from MRT. I know subjective. But based upon all the YT vids I have viewed, I thought it sounded best. But was the thread doctored, did not notice the rasp as bad as many others. I have a local shop, perhaps I might talk with them, see what they know. Thanks. PS: I don't even own the car yet.

·
Registered
491 Posts
There is a full 13 or so minute video on FaceBook of the guy starting, revving and doing a couple of drive by's.

Sounds ok on video but nothing that would make me rush out and buy it. It will probably be around 1k so it better sound much better in person to be worth it.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
The proprietary borla 1-4-1 "anti-drone" things seem a bit gimmicky to me.

·
Registered
624 Posts
The proprietary borla 1-4-1 "anti-drone" things seem a bit gimmicky to me.
Well IF it works without any airflow restriction than it becomes a great value added feature. Bet alot of people have and do say an x-pipe or h-pipe is a gimmick too.

Sounded pretty decent to me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can someone repost it to Youtube? (for those of us that don't have/want a facebook page?)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thanks for posting to youtube!
Question, when he was showing the dash, what is the picture of the car with
the dash marks on both sides, next to the fuel gauge?
I have the 401A and have never seen that scrolling through the screens.
What does is represent?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thanks for posting to youtube!
Question, when he was showing the dash, what is the picture of the car with
the dash marks on both sides, next to the fuel gauge?
I have the 401A and have never seen that scrolling through the screens.
What does is represent?
That is the lane keep assist.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Well IF it works without any airflow restriction than it becomes a great value added feature. Bet alot of people have and do say an x-pipe or h-pipe is a gimmick too.

Sounded pretty decent to me.
That's what I'm saying. That IF in all caps...

I'd have to hear a comparison between that tiny thing that looks too small to do anything, a normal expansion chamber, and nothing to be convinced it's not just something that they can claim is "proprietary" to justify charging a grand for some pipes and what appear to be pretty cheap mufflers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hmmmmm, this is interesting and reminds me of a header collector.
That's what I thought when I saw it yesterday. He says it does away with the drone, but I'm having a hard time justifying $1K for an exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
That's what I thought when I saw it yesterday. He says it does away with the drone, but I'm having a hard time justifying $1K for an exhaust.
He also says the dual exhaust meets in the cat midway... Then he calls it a cat-back system. I have to wonder which he means. Is it really a cat-back that does away with the resonator (that he calls a cat) or is it a resonator-back system. If it's a res-back system, then it's definitely WAY over-priced for what is essentially an axle-back with an extra couple feet of pipe. I'm assuming it's a cat-back with how it snap-crackle-pops.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts