Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks. This reads like a marking blurb more than anything else though.

They did confirm that it weighs about 4,000 lbs.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ford must have had a media embargo on the Fusion Sport that just ended, considering this as well as the other online review posted in a different thread have surfaced on the same day. It's still puzzling that these reviews make it sound like the car isn't available yet, even taking into account publishing delays, etc.

This is definitely not much beyond a marketing piece, but hopefully this means that the magazines finally have these on hand for real testing.

·
Registered
60 Posts
"The Ford Explorer and Edge have Sport models that account for 5 to 10 percent of total sales, but the take rate could be higher with the Fusion, Fusion marketing manager Wade Jackson said, if there is an appetite for a sport sedan."

Or if you'd market the thing. They've been on the road for six weeks, and we just got an official curb weight. I think Wade needs to be relieved of duty.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This article was a total joke. It sounds like a Ford commercial. Where are the numbers that an enthusiast would care about? I sent her an email regarding the lack of quality information and in my opinion, poor journalism. Extremely disappointing. Something is very fishy.

·
Registered
186 Posts
"On some back roads near Detroit, we got a chance to drive the powerful new Fusion." . . . and then says nothing about their impression of having driven the car. Bizarre.

·
Registered
215 Posts
This article was a total joke. It sounds like a Ford commercial. Where are the numbers that an enthusiast would care about? I sent her an email regarding the lack of quality information and in my opinion, poor journalism. Extremely disappointing. Something is very fishy.
I've seen these sort of puff pieces come out before the actual reviews in the past. Often companies will give journalists early test drives with the explicit instruction not to perform or publish any measured testing. It's frustrating in this case since the car has been available for so long now. I agree that it's fishy. As I've said before, the optimistic take is that Ford has been working on a fix for the infamous torque management issue and wanted to have it ready before allowing instrumented testing. The pessimistic view is that they know people will be disappointed and are delaying tests as long as possible, although I don't see much of an upside in that approach. It also may be just more marketing stupidity.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I sure hope the optimistic take is reality.
Everyone " couldn't wait to get their hands on one " and now nothing of any substance. Well, I'm sure glad there are forums like this filled with great information and experiences. Sincerely,
" thank you " to all the early birds. It's a pleasure.

·
Registered
11 Posts
To be optimistic, I read this stuff on a lot of cars that just come out. Like they want to acknowledge that they are not behind the times, they have the car in hand and they are doing an extensive review as they type out the manufactures specs and promises. Nobody got the jump on the story before them, etc.

Then a few weeks later you get their first real review.

On the other hand, if they had taken it for a first spin around the block and it turned a 0-60 in 2.9, I'm pretty sure they would have said something.

·
Registered
183 Posts
To be optimistic, I read this stuff on a lot of cars that just come out. Like they want to acknowledge that they are not behind the times, they have the car in hand and they are doing an extensive review as they type out the manufactures specs and promises.
That's understandable, but they should not have titled it "First Drive." Pure clickbait. :)

You would think a mag such as MotorTrend would have slightly higher standards.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
That's understandable, but they should not have titled it "First Drive." Pure clickbait. :)

You would think a mag such as MotorTrend would have slightly higher standards.
the big mags are the worse for this kind of stuff. They get so much money from the companies, so they won't do bad reviews anymore. MotorTrend, Car and Driver, they are all going downhill.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Well we did learn two things that had previously gone unpublished.
The Sport is on sale now and it weighs about 4000 lbs.... ;)

One interesting comment made in the article:
"Customers said they still wanted their practical Fusion but sought something sportier....
They weren’t looking for an all-out performance vehicle, somewhat to Soderquist’s chagrin: His personal preference would be a Fusion with a rollcage and V-8."
Hopefully between Soderquist’s supposed desires, and higher than expected Sport sales, Ford will find justification for an all-out sports sedan. (Fusion ST/RS) In the meantime, we'll just have to help ourselves, which will probably be cheaper anyways.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts