Ford Fusion V6 Sport Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
No, we had a Continental at work last week with a 3.7 N/A motor in it. Never knew they even put that boat anchor in it, though you could get a MKZ with one. Paul n I built one for his wife, she hated it. Said it was a gas hog, LOL. Really liked the 2.0, then she drove my Sport, LOL. Now when ever she stops by the shop, she asks how's my car doing ? LOL

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Someone on Facebook had to replace the engine in his Edge or Explorer that had the N/A 3.5 and found that the N/A 3.7 was $1500 cheaper, so he just bought that instead. The 3.7 offers like 12 extra ft-lb of torque LOL. On police chase videos where they are running the N/A 3.7 Explorer, you can hear that engine screaming. Stock shift points are 6750 RPM.

·
Registered
2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7L Tuned for E30
17 Posts
No, we had a Continental at work last week with a 3.7 N/A motor in it. Never knew they even put that boat anchor in it, though you could get a MKZ with one. Paul n I built one for his wife, she hated it. Said it was a gas hog, LOL. Really liked the 2.0, then she drove my Sport, LOL. Now when ever she stops by the shop, she asks how's my car doing ? LOL
Ah right, I guess they did get different engine options. Funny enough when I saw the continental on the lot I actually thought it was a 3.7. I floored it and was thinking "holy cow, those v6 mustangs must be faster than I thought". Turned out it was a 2.7.
I didnt even hear about the fusion sports. I probably would have looked at one if I had. The value proposition seems quite good. That or a 3.0 MKZ.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Ah right, I guess they did get different engine options. Funny enough when I saw the continental on the lot I actually thought it was a 3.7. I floored it and was thinking "holy cow, those v6 mustangs must be faster than I thought". Turned out it was a 2.7.
I didnt even hear about the fusion sports. I probably would have looked at one if I had. The value proposition seems quite good. That or a 3.0 MKZ.
GM now has a 2.7 turbo 4-banger in some of the cars as well as the trucks. I'm not sure if it is to compete directly with Ford using the 2.7 displacement

·
Registered
618 Posts
300 hp and 300+ torque I read somewhere. The Chevy guys are not happy needless to say, LOL.

·
Registered
618 Posts
What they do have that is getting good reviews is the 3.0 diesel they're putting in the 1500's. We have a guy that does most of our paint less dent repair, he bought one and really likes it so far, hasn't had any issues that I've heard.

·
Registered
2017 fusion sport, 401A, Steeda catch can, Steeda CAI, Unleashed 93 oct tune
43 Posts
Someone on Facebook had to replace the engine in his Edge or Explorer that had the N/A 3.5 and found that the N/A 3.7 was $1500 cheaper, so he just bought that instead. The 3.7 offers like 12 extra ft-lb of torque LOL. On police chase videos where they are running the N/A 3.7 Explorer, you can hear that engine screaming. Stock shift points are 6750 RPM.
Yeah my husband has a ‘14 F150 with the 3.7 and there’s no redline on the tach lol just goes up to 7 grand. You have to get those engines to scream to get them to move. Otherwise they’re SO slow.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts